Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Model M-Type Cigarette Lighter
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2004 :  20:32:22  Show Profile
I notice that one of these rare, original 1930's table-lighters is currently for sale on eBay. The item no. is 2217856197. There are 2 people bidding and reserve has been exceeded. Best bid at the time I looked was £280. Auction ends at 22.15 GMT on 20 Jan. I shan't be bidding as I am lucky enough to own one already (No, it's not mine for sale!) The tyres on mine have deteriorated badly and if anyone knows a source of replacements, I'd be interested.

Andrew Bradshaw

LewPalmer

USA
3221 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2004 :  22:06:24  Show Profile
And it sold at 625.50 Pounds.

Now I don't feel so bad about what I paid for mine.

Cheers,

Lew Palmer
Registrar, NAMMMR
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2004 :  09:06:28  Show Profile
Ditto ! Lew, What are the tyres like on yours? Mine are pretty shot and I've been trying to find replacements for some time now. Andrew.

Andrew Bradshaw
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3221 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2004 :  21:56:15  Show Profile
The tires (tyres) are still solid - actually rock hard solid. Just lucky, I guess.

Cheers,

Lew Palmer
Registrar, NAMMMR
Go to Top of Page

Nigel

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2004 :  17:32:15  Show Profile
I might be able to help by vacuum casting some(this is my line of business ... see www.primefunction.co.uk) in black polyurethane rubber but would need to know how many total are required to see if the exercise was viable and most importantly I would need one good tyre (returnable) as a pattern. It would not matter how hard this was, as long as it was not distorted ... will the existing ones come off?

Nigel
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2004 :  22:54:19  Show Profile
Nigel, Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, none of the tyres on mine are good enough for patterns. Thanks for the offer, though. If I can source a pattern, I may well be back to you.

Andrew Bradshaw
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000