Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 THE TRIPLE-M REGISTER DATABASE - VERY IMPORTANT !
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  16:13:48  Show Profile
THE NEW TRIPLE-M REGISTER DATABASE - AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

THE REGISTER DATABASE HAS BEEN LAUNCHED!

A Register team has been working very hard over the past months to create the framework for a totally new database of all known Triple-M cars and their current and former owners. The database content, which is the M.G. Car Club's prime record of surviving Triple-M cars, has been assembled from a variety of sources. These sources include the existing Triple-M Register records, including many thousands of paper files and other records and, importantly, information and material provided by current and former owners.

We are pleased to report that we have now reached a stage where the database is now able to be launched.

A NEW AND IMPORTANT FEATURE IS THAT DATA CAN NOW BE VIEWED ON LINE.

We encourage everyone to look at the database - access details are below - and feed back any general questions or comments to a special area in the discussion Forum which our webmaster Nick Feakes has created. Any specific questions or suggested corrections about a specific car should be addressed to the Registrar at grahamarrondelle@yahoo.com

We are rolling the project out in two stages. STAGE ONE IS NOW LIVE. Stage two will follow shortly.

STAGE ONE - PUBLICLY AVAILABLE INFORMATION
To access this information, click on 'Register database' on the left hand side of the main menu on the website home page. From there you can select three options:

1. 'Register your car'. This is a facility for owners to register their cars with the MGCC Triple-M Register;
2. 'Browse the Register'. This is a chassis number search facility which will show summary details and, where available, pictures of each registered car;
3. Statistics. This area shows the total number of currently registered Triple-M cars as well as model by model.

By following options 2 and 3, anybody at all can access the database to see a limited amount of general data about all registered cars. No personal data will be revealed.

The 'Pictures' menu on the website home page also has a link to members' cars, where some of the above information is also available.

STAGE TWO - WHICH WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLY TO REGISTERED OWNERS OF A TRIPLE-M CAR
When the database goes fully 'live' shortly, owners can apply to have direct access to data for their individual car. They will be able to view information and images of their car (but nobody else's car!). Importantly, owners will also be able to use the on-line facility to request amendments to their car details and their own personal details. Indeed, owners will also be actively encouraged to submit photographs of the car and its main identifying features, documents and other information.

This facility for owners to view their records will be available solely to owners who are recorded as the owner of a Triple-M car that has a Register number.

Owner access to car data will be restricted and safeguarded by a personal ID and password. We will shortly be contacting owners by e-mail to advise them how to apply for their personal ID and password. This means that we must have your current e-mail address on record! Please visit your Website Discussion Forum profile as soon as possible to check that all your details are up to date!

Please note: It will be a pre-condition for owner access to the database that owners first send the Register an image of their car's chassis number stamping, preferably of the front chassis dumb iron or, if that is not possible, the stamping on the inside of the bonnet hinge.

Cars without a Register Number.
If you own a car that does not have a Register number we would welcome hearing from you to discuss whether your car may be eligible for inclusion on the Register. The criteria for inclusion on the Register can be seen at http://www.triple-mregister.org/registerlogin.asp

How we manage the database
The database framework has been created by Koen Struijk, a Dutch MG enthusiast who owns a Triple-M car (PA) and an MGA. The Register is extremely grateful to Koen for the many hours that he has devoted to the project and its future management, without which none of this could have happened. We're also grateful for the work that webmaster Nick Feakes has done to enable access to the database via our Register website.

All information held on the Register is under the control of the Registrar, Graham Arrondelle, who is a Triple-M Register committee member. With around 4,000 cars to be accounted for, his is a huge task. In order to make things more manageable the Register committee recently decided to allocate responsibility for particular models to 'sub-registrars'.

The sub-registrars will deal with day to day matters and owners will find that communications about their cars will increasingly be dealt with by the sub-registrars.

The following people are the sub-registrars:
M-types: Mike Dalby
D-types and J1: Ted Hack
C-types: Cathelijne Spoelstra
J2: John Emmett
PA: Dick Morbey
PB: Graham Arrondelle
J3, J4, Q and R: Bob Milton
K-types: Peter Green
F, L, N-types & Comp cars: George Eagle

Lew Palmer of the North American NAMMMR in the USA will also be working with us to ensure that the records of USA-resident cars are complete and consistent with the main Register.

We are very pleased that we have been able to bring about this improvement in our systems. It is now up to all of us to ensure that information held by the Triple-M Register is accurate and up to date - something that will be to the benefit of present and future owners.

Dick Morbey
Register Chairman
3 May 2016

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 19/06/2018 20:32:14

Nick Feakes

USA
3315 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  18:42:06  Show Profile
The new menu is now active
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  18:59:50  Show Profile
Well done Nick.

Suggest we make this a 'sticky'?

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1703 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  19:15:17  Show Profile
Well done everyone,what a brilliant facility...

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3218 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  19:57:48  Show Profile

Koen has been fantastic - big thanks!

Also well done to our Chairman Dick who has so ably overseen the project.

George
Hon Secretary.

Edited by - George Eagle on 03/05/2016 20:02:52
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1473 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  21:19:57  Show Profile
Fantastic, many thanks to those that made this happen. D0285 is listed twice when I search by that classic number

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3315 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  21:56:55  Show Profile
Now sticky
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2016 :  09:07:41  Show Profile
In the short time since the announcement of the database 'go live' many of you have been in touch to update us with details of your cars and to contribute ID and other pictures. Thank you! That's just what we were hoping for. Keep them coming!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

John Mee

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2016 :  09:11:18  Show Profile
Well done , that's great. I notice some details of my car are slightly incorrect , so an opportunity to correct this and add more pictures would be helpful

John Mee
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2016 :  09:41:14  Show Profile
Thanks John

If you wanted to let us have an info update before the owner access area goes live, you could always use the website 'Register your car' feature. Alternatively you might send the info (and a chassis number knuckle picture? ) to George Eagle who is looking after the F-type records ...

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
987 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2016 :  16:27:44  Show Profile
Trying to update my details. In spite of copying the code at the bottom of the form very carefully and correctly, I get the message "The code you entered on the form was not correct. Please try again." My completed form was thankfully still there when I hit the back button. It now awaits further instructions to submit.

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2016 :  18:15:58  Show Profile
Hi Colin

Were you using the 'Register my Car' facility or trying something else?

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2016 :  18:20:32  Show Profile
PS

Colin, I think I may have the answer! You need to go to the very bottom of the Register my Car screen to access the on line form. The click midway through the screen just takes
you to a printable Word document that can be filled in and posted (mailed) to the Registrar, whereas the click at the bottom of the page should enable you to complete the info and submit it electronically.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
987 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2016 :  19:08:37  Show Profile
Hi Dick, Sorry, but I was doing it the way you suggest. I clicked "Register your car" on the home page, scrolled to the bottom, entered my username and forum password, and then clicked "enter". I then completed the form, which is headed "Registration and Update Form", entered the code on the bottom left box, and clicked "submit". That's when I got "The code you entered on the form was not correct. Please try again." This message is at the top of a different version of "Register your car", in which all the same fields are arranged vertically on the RHS of the page. I could try entering the same info on this page, but feel disinclined to do the whole thing all over again, particularly as I may well get the same result.

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
691 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2016 :  19:45:11  Show Profile
I had a similar experience yesterday and did persevere with the second form which asked pretty much the same but not identical questions. When I put the code in with my heart in my mouth it was accepted!
Keith
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2016 :  22:25:44  Show Profile
Thanks Colin and Keith

Nick may be able to do the impossible, namely find a spare moment to look at this - certainly the forms should be identical. (We did recently change the forms to make them consistent with the database fields.)

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000