Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Gallery of Factory Photographs
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Andrew Fock

Australia
372 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2016 :  06:52:22  Show Profile
I would whole heartedly agree with previous comments. I bought several photos for researching areas such as wiper arms and running board strips and unfortunately the photos were useless due to the low resolution of the scanning. In addition, I paid Photobox quite a lot of money for the privilege.
Given the cheapness of high resolution photo scanners, I sure that there is a member who has one and could rescan the negatives properly (I would do it but you will have to send the plates to Australia!). The MMM registrar could then sell access digitally for a more reasonable sum.

regards,

Andrew

NA 0279
PA 1294
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2016 :  09:10:12  Show Profile
Thank you everyone who has responded so far.

I should have made things clearer! The negatives that were generated from the original glass slide negs were not contact (i.e. same size) reproductions - they were of a smaller format, so they suffer from being second generation images and smaller in size to boot!

The glass slides must have been disposed of many years ago so alas we cannot go back to the original source, much as we might wish to.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Richard Verrill

United Kingdom
345 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2016 :  12:16:11  Show Profile
Dick, that is a great shame but there you go. I have a policy like I suspect many who contribute to this Forum to never throw anything away, the house is bursting at the seams!!!!!! I have just completed a book using my father's recollections and WW2 photographs, the originals I propose to donate to the Fleet Air Arm Archive for safe keeping, this will make a tiny whole in my home storage.

Richard
PA1733 YA5206
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000