Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 2015 Yearbook
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2016 :  11:26:41  Show Profile
The new Yearbook has now been printed and is available from the Library.

I have updated the Yearbook Index which Nick will be posting in the Documents Section of our web site.

Well done Cat and thanks from me for your 7 year stint as YB Editor.

George
Hon Sec

Nick Feakes

USA
3343 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2016 :  12:58:43  Show Profile
The new index is available from "Document Downloads"
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2016 :  18:27:24  Show Profile
An affectionate review of the Yearbook has appeared in the latest edition of the VSCC Bulletin. If they liked it (they did!) you will too - so buy now while stocks last!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3210 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2016 :  23:28:07  Show Profile
I have always enjoyed the Yearbook and read every issue cover to cover - and that is every single Yearbook back to the very first.
But may I make an appeal to those with a more technical turn of mind that you pick up a pen and paper (or a computer even) and give us some more technical content. I am not a racer (too timid, perhaps) but am more interested in the restoration and problem solving articles. Three cheers to Foz who always seems to add an interesting technical article every issue.
I don't shirk my own responsibilities, as I have done articles on the Airline Coupe and my own 2 Triple-M cars in the Yearbook and in the Bulletin.
So come on you folks. Surely you know of a good subject that you would be able to share with the rest of us knowledge hungry masses!

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6008 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2016 :  01:01:30  Show Profile
Lew,

It's early days for me yet as the new Yearbook editor, but my thinking is that we should aim to have around five or six substantive articles in each issue. These should ideally include an historical article on some aspect of M.G.'s history related to our cars and a substantive technical article (or two!). In addition I'd like to see articles on MGs competition history (and not just racing) and on M.G. personalities on road or track. I'd also like to see regular articles on MGs and their history overseas.

What I'm not keen to have is articles on the theme of "how I found and restored my M.G." I think these types of articles are better suited to the Bulletin (they can be more easily split into two or three or more episodes if necessary) unless the car is rare and/or special. So if someone is offering to tell us how they found and restored K3010 - yes please. What I'm aiming for is to have the Yearbook continue to be a reference work for the future as well as a good read in the present.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6008 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2016 :  18:56:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by thecollingburnboys

Hi Simon,
I would be interested in writing a piece about how customers can cover their MMM trim panels with photos.

James,

That would be great and I'll drop you an email to discuss. (But maybe better covered with vinyl than with photos?)

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3210 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2016 :  22:32:22  Show Profile
James,
Especially try to cover the glue types. What you are using according to your YouTube video is not available in the USA, so alternative options would be most appreciated. Using the US options of 3M 77 or 88 or Barge Cement always results in lifting after a year or two.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560

Edited by - LewPalmer on 08/09/2016 22:33:40
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2016 :  15:04:09  Show Profile
Simon,
Re: K3010; having started with a small collection of bits bought from a man in a pub, who swore that he picked them up when they fell off on the 1933 Abingdon Trial, I was waiting till the car was a "runner" before doing the story - you've blown my scoop!

JH
Go to Top of Page

thecollingburnboys

United Kingdom
574 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2016 :  13:43:16  Show Profile
Hi Simon,
I've deleted my original posts as I didn't want to inadvertently start a post here on covering trim panels and it get out of hand.
I have already started to write an indepth article with photos etc. about how to cover trim panels for MMM cars.
I will deal with you direct on email and supply when ready.
Cheers James.

James Collingburn

Edited by - thecollingburnboys on 21/09/2016 15:45:16
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6008 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2016 :  14:59:19  Show Profile
Thanks, James. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000