Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 1932 F Magna Sallonette for sale
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2017 :  20:58:25  Show Profile
I have a copy of an original hand written register listing, and number 12 is F0316 engine 580AF TM9731 and the owner is U Gassman with a date of 12/5/88!
Not sure where the date comes from!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

creamcracker

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2017 :  21:03:08  Show Profile
Brian Graves bought this car, F 0316, Reg TM9731 in 1955 from a Mr Harry Cotchins near Bedford.. He paid the princely sum of £50. He ran the F until 1970 and sold it to Les Earl from Kempston in Bedford. Brian says that when he bought the car it had a one piece dash without cubby holes/glove boxes. As far as he remembers, that was original. Hope this fills in a few gaps.
If the new owner would like to contact me in due course I can put him in touch with Brian if he so wishes. Keith
Go to Top of Page

Npdavea

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2017 :  20:59:26  Show Profile
Is this the car you are all referring to? It was for sale in 2014 in Grays Essex in a large Vintage Car warehouse. I looked at it as I was keen to find a 6 cylinder MG saloon from the 1930s but found it impossibly cramped for me at 78!. By coincidence it was acquired by Max Cowap, an MMM member, who was the man from whom I later bought my 4 seater NB which I am now restoring. It is now for sale as Max tells me it is too tight for him to drive comfortably and he is much larger than me.
Walter Kallenberg also knows the car as it came to Grays from Germany.

D P Allen
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000