Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 M type Interior photos needed
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TCTom

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2017 :  00:34:31  Show Profile
I'm making the interior (seats, helping with panel trim) for Mike Jansen's M type this summer, and we are looking for detailed photos of M Midget interiors.
Lots of photos would help of all parts of the interior trim, including seats (all angles and sides).

If you'd like to help with the project and are willing to share, Mike and will greatly appreciate it.
Contact me and we can set up a Dropbox for easy transfer.
I'm in the UK March 23-29 and could also come look at cars and take photos.
Thanks,

Tom Wilson
Zionsville, IN USA

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2017 :  22:18:55  Show Profile
Here are some pictures of seats of my M type!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

Reinout

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2017 :  17:39:00  Show Profile
Hi Tom and Mike,

Detailed photos of Emma's interior are on a memory stick, along with hundreds of miscellaneous M-type photos, in the regular mail to Mike's home address (too much to post here on the forum)

Good Luck with the interior and we hope to see the M at the GOF in Akron this summer

Reinout Vogt
Emma
1931 M-Type 2M/2735
Go to Top of Page

TCTom

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2017 :  02:10:32  Show Profile
Thanks Mike and Reinout! Mike, these photos are great!

Tom Wilson
Zionsville, IN USA
Go to Top of Page

thecollingburnboys

United Kingdom
574 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2017 :  13:26:03  Show Profile
Hi Tom,
Just a bit of advice RE making seats for M-Type: They are tricky so don't worry about doing them exactly like original, how they look and fit is of most importance.
The way I do them is a modified spring in the seatback and a big, shaped piece of foam stuffed in the base. You can use fasteners or a zip to keep the base closed.
I'm all for modern day foam over springs, pneumatic cushions or Dunlopillos anyday. If they had had foam back then they would have used it. You can use it to make any density in any shape, whereas the other options require the manufacturer to get it right. If they get it wrong it makes the trimmers job so much harder.
Good luck :-)

Regards James Collingburn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000