Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Petrol tanks
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ashley

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2017 :  11:24:44  Show Profile
Has any one had any experience of a J2'petrol tank with a filler on the passenger side? I suspect there may have been two fillers for speeding up filling for racing or trials purposes? Tank seems correct with regard to dimensions etc.

Any thoughts Gentlemen?

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6025 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2017 :  12:07:03  Show Profile
Perhaps for a petrol gauge? The L2 tank is dimensionally the same as a J2 one but has an opening on the passenger side for a petrol gauge.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

ashley

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2017 :  19:20:38  Show Profile
Simon thanks, hey I don't matter really, just how the cars progressed, just looks a bit odd, I can live with this, I am a jump in and drive man, don't do polishing, got a PB Here my dads car scared to drive as so so perfect. Any takers to buy it's beyond concourse
Neat PB ever!!
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2017 :  22:15:31  Show Profile
This one does:

Go to Top of Page

ashley

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2017 :  03:38:41  Show Profile
That's interesting, why two fillers? Does you car have racing trials pedigree? Pretty sure the tank in question is not correct but happy to live with it, all part of it's history,

My car in pre war Trials, think Colmore, tank I think correct but one filler?

Ash
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2017 :  23:21:39  Show Profile
Yes, the car has a little bit of history. That tank is the third one it's had in my lifetime. no 1 (original) rusted out in the 50s, No 2 (where I come in) was a Derrington job , replaced in the 70s, with an original pattern job, then again in the 90s with this one. The double filler is actually a 1 gallon sprint tank concealed within. Such is the surge within the original pattern you need to run a couple of gallons at least in sprints. so this saves a few Kg (weight is everything when yo don't have blower). If it's part of your car, keep it as it's all part of the history.
Go to Top of Page

ashley

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  00:29:24  Show Profile
Well, the car in question is a bit of a horlicks, an F2 rep, converted a long time ago so a bit all over the place but generally done well but just these few things that need addressing, no massive problems but happy with what is but like the detail to be correct.
You speaking of Derrington, my old J had their inner wings, great in muck being thrown up but not that attractive. Directly I have car will get some photos across
Best
Ash
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000