Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MMM Forum Topic Notifications
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2142 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  21:19:19  Show Profile
Not altogether sure why this evening I have found my Inbox with various MMM Forum Notifications on topics when I have never registered for any during any time as a member. Mmmmmmm….Inbox clutter.

Is the MMM Forum masters unintentionally twiddling some knobs?

Richard

Vintage MG Parts

george

United Kingdom
862 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2017 :  08:44:48  Show Profile
Richard , it sounds as if you have clicked on the [subscribe to this topic] icon .I have sometimes done it myself. Geoff
Go to Top of Page

davies

United Kingdom
699 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2017 :  09:37:52  Show Profile
ditto - Rich
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2142 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2017 :  20:56:29  Show Profile
I had no awareness of the topic until I clinked on the email notification link! Wired!

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

creamcracker

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2017 :  20:57:43  Show Profile
Perhaps it is just coincidental that I have started to receive notification of 'parts wanted'.
As far as I am aware I have not ticked the box!!!
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3341 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2017 :  13:27:52  Show Profile
A perfect opportunity for me to remind everybody of the "subscribe" facility and of the FAQs.
You can subscribe to the whole board - every time anyone posts anything you will receive email notification.
You can subscribe to a single forum e.g. Parts for Sale - anytime anyone posts anything to that forum you will receive an email.
You can subscribe to an individual topic - if anyone responds to that topic you will receive an email.

How do I subscribe?
At the right hand side of the list of forums / at the right hand end of the forum title / at the right hand end of each topic (or there is a box to tick when you create a new topic) there is a little icon , if you click on that icon you have "subscribed" to that forum or topic etc.

How do I know to which forums/topics I have subscribed?
Look up at the top right hand corner of the forum page and you will see an underlined menu item in blue "My Subscriptions". Click on that and you will be shown a list of all your current subscriptions.

How do I unsubscribe?
Look at the icon on those forums or topics to which you have subscribed, it will have changed to , click on that icon and once you have confirmed your intent you will have unsubscribed yourself.

Much quicker than sending me an email to tell me you are suddenly receiving emails from me (they don't actually come from me, they come directly from the website).
I would also really appreciate it if you would unsubscribe yourself before setting up an automatic reply "I am on leave until ..... and I will deal with your enquiry when I return". If you do not and I keep receiving these emails every time someone posts something to one of your subscriptions, I WILL UNSUBSCRIBE YOU MYSELF TO PREVENT MY INBOX FROM FILLING UP WITH THAT MESSAGE!

UP AT THE TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE FORUM PAGE THERE IS AN UNDERLINED MENU ITEM IN BLUE TITLED "FAQ". IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE FORUM, PLEASE HAVE A LOOK THERE FIRST!

There isn't an icon showing me stepping off my soapbox so you will just have to imagine one.

Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
758 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2017 :  17:06:46  Show Profile
I guess you have also changed your email address as it is now coming from triple.m.nick instead of nfeakes.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

rodb

New Zealand
260 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2017 :  20:42:12  Show Profile
and as a result they now all end up in my junk box?

RodB NZ
Go to Top of Page

Robin Macmillan

United Kingdom
415 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2017 :  21:14:10  Show Profile
May I just say that I find the site excellent, without problems worth mentioning and a fabulous resource for any MMM owner. I really do not understand why there are members who are not content with what is available. Can you do better ?

PB 0527
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1547 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2017 :  23:52:25  Show Profile
Robin,
Hear, hear!

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

DDMDSN

New Zealand
329 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  00:44:05  Show Profile
Having a play, notice that the detail level subscribe/unsubscribe only appear if the top level all forums subscribe/unsubscribe is turned off.
Donald
PB0759
Go to Top of Page

Andy Rogers

United Kingdom
299 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  11:41:52  Show Profile
I too am receiving notifications from triple-m-nick and many of those are going into my Spam box. Am I safe to open these Nick ?

Andy Rogers
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  11:57:56  Show Profile
Nick, I have tried to unsubscribe from "parts for sale", clicked on the Icon" unsubscribe", a box appears for "OK" or "cancel" I click on "OK", but nothing happens.

Unrelated, I have to say this is the best forum I have ever seen. and while nothing is ever perfect, this one comes very close.

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3341 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  13:00:29  Show Profile
I set up a gmail email address to see if it was my hotmail account that was causing problems with the website email system. As far as I can tell, the system is working much better (quicker at least). It is quite safe to open these emails and putting that address in your safe list should stop them going into your junk/spam folder. I have asked the server folks to set me up with an email address at the server (so it will be something@triple-mregister.org) as I believe most of the problems with the website email occur because the "from" address is my personal email address but the spam filters can see the email does not originate from the same place, so thinks it is spam and blocks or delays the emails. You can still send emails to my old email address.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3341 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  13:05:36  Show Profile
Donald
Thank you for that, I didn't know it was that clever. It makes sense if you think about it, if you have already subscribed to the whole forum then it knows that it doesn't make sense to also subscribe to an individual topic in the same forum.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3341 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  13:07:01  Show Profile
Mike
I don't know why you were unable to unsubscribe but I have done that for you.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000