Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 PA Rear lamp Rim/Lens & grease nipple
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gerard van der veen

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2017 :  19:00:27  Show Profile
I am looking for a PA rear lamp rim and single colour glass lens. Unfortunately during a rough transport two lamps were damaged. The original, ST38/? is repairable but is missing its rim/glass. (The other, a later copy, fully flattened.)
Also I am missing quite a number of grease nipple's, at my steering joint; also pictured at the photo; the thread diameter is 7.8mm or 5/16", sometimes referred to as a Tecalemite -low pressure- grease nipple.. does somebody know where to get these old style nipples. I seem to find only new ones on the Internet.

gerard van der veen

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6008 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2017 :  19:19:35  Show Profile
Gerard

I have a couple of red glass lenses which you're welcome to have. Drop me an email with your address through the Forum system and I'll pop them in the mail to you.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

gerard van der veen

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2017 :  10:57:11  Show Profile
Hi Simon, I've send you my details. Later I saw you are from Belfast, so the coffee is maybe for another occasion.
Happy Easter, Gerard.

gerard van der veen
Go to Top of Page

gerard van der veen

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2017 :  18:34:51  Show Profile
Just received an excellent set of lenses from Simon!! Many thanks.
If somebody has a rim, even damaged; I will repair it... can maybe template it...
Gerard.

gerard van der veen
Go to Top of Page

gerard van der veen

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2017 :  23:30:07  Show Profile
Hi all,
Just to update & question:
I received a rim from Russel (many thanks!!); need only the screw nut.. than it is complete.
Question: Does anybody know if the PA in 1934 was fitted with a 'brake' light.. With only one rear light, I can imagine a number plate and a rear light, but I can't find the brake switch in the car parts list. I will make the car 'compliant' to today's road standards; but I want to do it with period improvements...

I also received several (different period) grease nipples from John (many thanks!!), which are already on the car. I've approached a lot of grease nipple merchants, and yes 2BA pre-war/classic nipples are remade for the vintage (motor-)cycle world, but not the 5/16!

gerard van der veen
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6008 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2017 :  09:05:41  Show Profile
Gerard,

You'll find more than you could ever want to know about P Type brake switches on this thread - http://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=5115&SearchTerms=Brake,light,switch

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6008 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2017 :  11:35:11  Show Profile
And here's the reference in the Parts List

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Richard Verrill

United Kingdom
345 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2017 :  13:26:12  Show Profile
Gerard
I have some switches, we can sort something out.

Richard
PA1733 YA5206
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2495 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2017 :  18:02:00  Show Profile
Gerard, scroll down this and you will find 5/16 BSF nipples;

http://shop.hle.co.uk/shop/grease-nipples-connectors-accessories/steel-hydraulic-grease-nipples/steel-hydraulic-45-degree/45-hydraulic-grease-nipples-steel-zinc-plated.html

Looking back I see you are hoping to use old style ones. My experience is that getting a leak proof seal with the gun is difficult and while I accept it is a personal view, I'd rather have the practicality of a new gun to new nipples and hang the O.P.

Cheers,

Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000