Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 VSCC Silverstone Spring Start.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

colintf

United Kingdom
1473 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2017 :  22:24:21  Show Profile
What a great day today, topped off with a super win for young Harry Painter.

It was great to bump into so many people again with the season just starting; Mike & Harry Painter, Phil Cornut, Duncan & Emma, Anne, Chris Cadman, Fred Boothby etc ( sorry to miss Mark Dolton though). It really was a great warm up for next weekend at Brands!

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/

colintf

United Kingdom
1473 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2017 :  22:26:14  Show Profile
One thing sticks in my mind as a result of today.
The VSCC did not use the Grand Prix circuit today, as a result there was a constant stream of beautiful cars for spectators to watch and enjoy, unlike the cars then a big gap of nothing before the cars come around again on the long Grand Prix circuit.
The VSCC also attracted FISCAR and Morgan racing over the weekend, so I can only conclude that people are prepared to pay to race on the smaller non Grand Prix Silverstone circuit layout.
Surely MG Live has to learn from this, we surely don't need the full Grand Prix Circuit for MG Live to be a success ? it's not just the MMM MG's that aren't suited to the Grand Prix circuit and hence absent from MG Live racing the past Couple of years, but also the Metro's.
If the VSCC can make a really enjoyable 2 day race event at Silverstone without the Grand Prix circuit, then surely we the MGCC should be able to as well? We need these MMM Racers at our event. It's our heritage.
A grid of potentially 29 cars at Brands next weekend, only the Trophy ZR's is a bigger grid. The time has come to reconsider, and make MG Live more MMM Racing friendly please, they've been missing too long now :)

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)

Edited by - colintf on 22/04/2017 22:28:04
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2017 :  17:46:37  Show Profile
Colin , I agree with you about it being a good day at Silverstone. But while I welcome the opportunity to race the J2 anywhere , the Club circuit at Siverstone is the least challenging of all the circuits in the UK , and although spectator facilities are good , they are not a patch on Brands Hatch , where , if properly placed , you can see 90% of the circuit. Furthermore , at Brands we do not have to suffer the bally-hoo and 'entertainment' that seems to be prevalent at MG Live . Let's stick to Brands Hatch .
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1473 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2017 :  18:28:38  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Fred Boothby

Colin , I agree with you about it being a good day at Silverstone. But while I welcome the opportunity to race the J2 anywhere , the Club circuit at Siverstone is the least challenging of all the circuits in the UK , and although spectator facilities are good , they are not a patch on Brands Hatch , where , if properly placed , you can see 90% of the circuit. Furthermore , at Brands we do not have to suffer the bally-hoo and 'entertainment' that seems to be prevalent at MG Live . Let's stick to Brands Hatch .

I totally agree with your views on Brands Fred.
I just wish there was MMM racing at MG Live as well as our big events at Brands and Cadwell

D0285
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000