Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Wanted info on L1 Continental Coupe
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PaulusPotter

Netherlands
202 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2017 :  12:33:27  Show Profile
Dear Triple enthusiasts,

Since the restoration of my L1 Continental Coupe is nearing its end I am searching for general historical information on this car, its owners, photographs. Or even leads to relatives of owners.

Known subsequent owners are; Kenneth F Blackburn from Halifax 1934, T. J. Smith from Gronant 1946, L.A. Woodman from Prestatyn 1950, Alfred James Thorn from Rhyl Flintshire 1954, Douglas J. Ferguson from High Wycombe 1956, George Graham Bunyan from Dereham 1978, Dominic John De Cesare from Bath 1989. The last owner before me was John Shute from Shoreham By Sea 1991. I bought the car in 2009 after he died from his widow.

It has chassis number L 0645
only known registration is BYM 561

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Paul
The Netherlands

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2017 :  16:58:33  Show Profile
Hello Paul

It is good to read the restoration if your very rare car is nearing completion.

The Register's file does not contain much information, the factory file shows the car was Registered BYM 561 and that it was Registered on 6th July 1935 with first owner Kenneth Blackburn. The car was green with green wheels and upholstery.

I expect you have obtained a copy of the factory file from the MG Car Club?

There are some photos on the Register including one of the chassis stamping and the replacement engine 965 A 134 N - a single breather N type engine.

I have sent you an email off line.

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 03/05/2017 17:00:17
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000