Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Woodford Trailers
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Digby

United Kingdom
129 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  21:51:09  Show Profile
As my appeal for a second hand trailer failed to elicit a response (see Wanted Forum) I am considering splashing out on a new one and Woodford have been suggested as an option. Does anyone have experience of these compared with David James or Ifor Williams equivalents? I am considering the Lightweight model with 2 axles.

Terry Hartley

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  23:19:39  Show Profile
Digby
As it happens, I am going through the exact same decision process at the moment. I have looked at a Woodford trailer (albeit not the lightweight one I am interested in) at my local distributor and the build quality looks good. As a key factor for me is lightness I am also looking at the Anssems ECO 2000 and a bespoke sized one by Phoenix, both twin axle trailers. The options from Brian James and Ifor Williams all look good but way too heavy for my towing requirement. I too would be interested in hearing from members with experience of Anssems and Phoenix.
Terry
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1490 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  05:52:21  Show Profile
Hi Digby, I run the smallest twin axle C4 trailer that Brian James do.
It tows really well behind the diesel ZT with the D on it.

Most trailers in a race paddock are BJ trailers - i guess there's a reason for that.

Is hiring one an option??

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  07:06:41  Show Profile
There's also PRG trailers. I have a single axle one for the J2. Excellent build quality , simple construction , and the servicing parts are not expensive.
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
763 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  08:24:07  Show Profile
As Fred .... I have PRG trailer made to length and width for the C-type..... so no wider than the ZTT tow car...... based on the ones they make for small race cars.
FOZ
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000