Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 C Type - Mid term Progress report
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pots

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2017 :  12:48:41  Show Profile
Five weeks to go until Cadwell and the little car is coming together. Progress report below that may be of interest to my racing chums and the MMM collective.......

Following realisation that "get the body straightened up and we'll be fine for Loton !" may not be the best approach the car has now nearly finished a pretty extensive overhaul.

The engine and g'box was left in position but otherwise everything else was stripped from the chassis. Chassis measurements proved ok, only some slight distortion where the headlamp stands transmitted more load than originally designed. Not hard to put right.

Everything (and I mean everything!) crack tested. The only casualties from this process being the two steering drop arms. Steering box drop arm and rear spring hangers were also renewed for good measure. Leaf springs all stripped, checked, rebuilt and greased. With the blower mounting straightened all the axles, steering components, hubs, shocks etc. are now rebuilt and reinstalled.

The body has been persuaded back into shape, new aero screen brackets made and both refitted. The rad. and shell are straightened/repaired and now back in position. I am just waiting for the repaired wings to be painted and a new mirror !

So, with the car running and initial test run complete we are looking good for BBQ, beers and racing again... (We've missed it !) Zandvoort on the 9th July and then MG Cadwell......

Many thanks to my Dutch friends for the parcel and to James Gunn for his continued expertise and help with the little car.

Finally, a big thank you to Oliver R. who has overseen and carried out most of the work involved. Really great job to get everything done (properly) and the car ready again...(although, I seem to have run out of Adnams.....)

Here are the pictures Duncan wanted to attach
Nick

Pots

colintf

United Kingdom
1485 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2017 :  16:40:55  Show Profile
Great update Duncan and one of really good news
Looking forward to seeing you at Cadwell
Keep up the good progress guys :)

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2017 :  16:41:45  Show Profile
Top work Duncan, and of course congrats to your two chief mechanics!! Be great to be back out there with you very soon!

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3343 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2017 :  17:57:51  Show Profile
Duncan
How big are the original photo files? More than 1Mb is a good size (bigger is better up to the allowed maximum). I have looked at your uploaded files an they look as if the resolution is too low. If the originals are large enough, please send one to me so that I can look into the issue you are having.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2017 :  18:11:58  Show Profile
Duncan , good progress , but I am very distressed to hear that you have run out of Adnams. This must be rectified at once. For those not in the know , whilst 'Old Speckled Hen ' is the beer of choice for MMM runners , Adnams , especially 'Broadside' , is the beer that St Peter gives you as you pass the pearly gates. And for our Dutch friends a bit more information - 'Broadside' commemorates the Battle of Sole Bay - where your lot came second !
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2017 :  18:22:18  Show Profile
Well it was scorching hot , so had to quench the thirst. You need to try Ghost Ship Fred!
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2017 :  18:31:13  Show Profile
Mind reader! Clutch back in, Ghost ship at the ready!

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Warrior80

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2017 :  20:03:33  Show Profile
Great progress!
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2017 :  20:13:22  Show Profile
Awesome - well done to all.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1029 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2017 :  22:06:01  Show Profile
Duncan you sure have the C looking splendid again it'l be a pleasure to see you go around Zandvoort.

Fred thanks for reminding us, in June of 2017 the 350th anniversary of the biggest los of the Royal Navy endured the "raid on the Medway"
Or shall I call it by it's nickname?
"The Dutch Raid"
;)

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000