Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Pre-War Shuttleworth, Sunday 30th July
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2017 :  17:24:24  Show Profile
A quick reminder that all MMM owners are warmly invited to the inaugural Pre-War Shuttleworth, which will take place the Sunday after the Pre-War Prescott weekend. Entry is completely FREE for all pre-war cars - I just need your entry details.

So far we have six MMM entries, plus Keith Herkes will be bringing his gorgeous 18/80. All welcome.

We will be joined by the de Havilland Moth Club on the day as they hold their annual Gathering of Moths that was inaugurated last year. You will be parkled right on the flight line and have an opportunity to go 'liveside' to inspect the Moths at close quarters and chat with the owners. There are also VMR pub gatherings nearby on Saturday and Sunday evenings. All welcome.

The plan is to develop Pre-War Shuttleworth into a full weekend in coming years.

Full details can be found at http://vintageminor.co.uk/PWS%202017/Pre-War%20Shuttleworth%202017.html

LewPalmer

USA
3209 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2017 :  04:02:03  Show Profile
Hopefully no cars go up in "flames for the Moths to gather around".

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2017 :  17:24:45  Show Profile
I think we had five MMM entries at Old Warden, among about 25 pre-war cars, including Keith Herkes' 18/80. I was unable to attend but hear that the day was a success and we now have something to build on next year and beyond. Did any forumist attend?

The photo below shows Keith's 18/80 with what looks like a dragonfly about to enter the skylight!

http://www.vintageminor.co.uk/Forumpix/IMG_9902.JPG

Edited by - Ian Grace on 06/08/2017 17:25:35
Go to Top of Page

Hugh

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2017 :  21:11:15  Show Profile
Yes, Ian, I attended next to Keith. Trust you received my email of 2nd August.

Hugh
J3091
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2017 :  21:30:06  Show Profile
Thanks Hugh, yes I did - thanks for the valuable feedback. The general consensus was that the day was very enjoyable but that we need to provide a little more 'focus' fpor the pre-war cars on the day. Ideas are circulating, including a behind-the-scenes technical visit to the restoration workshops, a pre-bookable catered picnic, an award for the car we'd most like to take home with the prize being a flight in a Tiger Moth, which has already most generously been donated by Chris Thompson of nearby Finest Hour Experiences for next year. More ideas and suggestions most welcome. In due course, there will be a scenic tour and other activities on the Saturday as well.
Go to Top of Page

Allan Bentley

United Kingdom
253 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2017 :  17:09:57  Show Profile
Hello Ian.
I attended the DH Moth Club fly in at old Warden in my C Type. There were a lot of interesting vintage and classis cars on display.
My interest in DH Moths, and seeing them arrive inspect them close up and see all the variations in cockpit layout was very interesting. The Club formation team demonstration also made the day for me.
The display by the Dragon Rapide was a perfect end to an excellent day out, before an uneventful drive home.
A C Type is not an ideal or safe method of transport on todays roads.
Great day, do it again next year.
Allan
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2017 :  20:05:30  Show Profile
Thanks for the feedback Allan. The provisional date for next year is Sunday 29th July - the Sunday after Pre-War Prescott, as this year. This will be confirmed by Stuart McKay of the Moth Club shortly. This will definitely develop into an annual gathering.

Stay safe,

Ian

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000