Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Goodbye to the MMM Register Forum.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Westbury

United Kingdom
1962 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2017 :  21:44:16  Show Profile
When I became a contributor (in my own small way) to the MMM Register Forum I had expected a friendly, harmonious atmosphere and most contributors, I must say, fall into that category, after all we are supposed to have a common love of MG Cars at heart.

Instead, I have seen among certain individuals a level of perniciousness and downright unpleasantness which I have never experienced in any other club.

On top of this I find a degree of dictatorial and superior attitude from The Hierarchy which I cannot accept and this has been noted also by others outside the 'club'.

Some members on this Forum need to learn some basic manners and to take a long, hard look at themselves.

A reply will not be necessary as I will no longer be referring to the Forum

Reluctantly,

Chris.

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2017 :  07:12:02  Show Profile
For my two pennyworth I also wanted to leave for similar reasons, I have also had spurious remarks made about me on here, one in particular quote : ' I have a BIG problem ' from someone whom I have never met ! I have been an ardent classic car & aircraft owner , restorer, archivist and historian for many years and have enjoyed my time in the genre. Having been a member of the Rover Sports Register, Jaguar Owners Club & Rover P4 Owners Club since the 1970s ( I moderate the Worldwide Rover Forum )and others since I have received more adverse comments on here in the last 3 years ( since owning my two J2s ) than all the other clubs put together. I decided to remain when I realised that not all owners are of this ' ilk ' and I have some wonderful contacts now...you know who you are.

CJD
Go to Top of Page

Simon

United Kingdom
447 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2017 :  12:15:07  Show Profile
Well, that is a shame, I have found the Forum of great interest over the last few years and welcome the contributions from so many knowledgeable people making the repairs, restoration and running of our cars so much easier as well as enjoying other interesting topics which arise. Simon C. (J 4199)
Go to Top of Page

PreWarMG

Australia
395 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2017 :  12:37:03  Show Profile
This is sad news. I would like to think that a forum could be a place of peace & fellowship, not politics.
I have suffered similar at the hands of MG Clubs, but I persist because I am one who believes in the "Marque of Friendship", and I won't let the bar___rds grind me down.

We are here for a good time, not a long time !.
Go to Top of Page

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
699 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2017 :  14:17:12  Show Profile
Here here Tony.
Keith
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2017 :  16:12:51  Show Profile
Oh, lord, I hope my thread didn't lead to this. If so my apologies, there was no such intention.

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2017 :  22:35:57  Show Profile
Oh dear, I am very sorry to see this. The internet is so difficult to use without offending.

An off hand or even long considered remark can be interpreted in ways that were never intended. I do hope Chris reconsiders, while we all should react a little less quickly, lest remarks made in haste simply add fuel to the fire!

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

PreWarMG

Australia
395 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2017 :  00:26:58  Show Profile
Both Cecil Kimber and John Thornley would be horrified to see the way their legacy is being "managed".
Only type in a forum what you would say in front of a room of your peers - that's why the internet was created, for peers to share information.
I appreciate the friends I have made via the internet who share my passion for MG - long may it continue.

Edited by - PreWarMG on 21/07/2017 00:28:23
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2017 :  00:47:28  Show Profile
I spent 10 years as Triple-M Registrar, retiring in 2010. When I began (and may I refer to my article in the Triple-M Yearbook for 2010 (pp27-31) I was given a fair host of cardboard boxes containing some 5,000 index cards covering 3,070 cars, all hand written by successive holders of the post, together with a bunch of files with letters from owners etc. etc.

Because I had no idea of what I was supposed to be doing, I asked for a meeting with the then committee Chairman, Mike Allison and we concocted a computer based system (using Microsoft ACCESS) into which to enter all this lot for ease of future reference. That took 2 years to complete.

Of course I’m not familiar with whatever system is now used, but reading the current “rules” they seem to cover the much same ground as the ones we then developed. Those were derived simply to ensure that the best information was logged on surviving Triple-M cars and that this was updated as and when new information came to light.

Having been notified of some 448 previously unknown survivors during my 10 years, the only troubles I encountered during my tenure of office were invariably associated with the cars at the top end of the market value scale. I guess nothing much has changed.

Please read my article. It might shed a candle glimmer on the current stage.

Bob Clare
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1711 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2017 :  08:11:46  Show Profile
Bob

All that work and you still managed to respond to all my queries!

Best wishes

P
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2017 :  08:50:12  Show Profile
I probably shouldn't react to some of this FORUM chat, becasue thats all it is, until its followed up with direct contact.

But Think about how your statements are effecting us! In the same way your annoyed with how other forum statements, or management decisions affect you!!!

Both Cecil Kimber and John Thornley would be horrified to see the way their legacy is being "managed".
Wow PreWarMG...That is one heck of a statement...REALLY! I think they would be amazed at the strength of their legacy!!!

This management, dictatorship, Hierarchy of which I am a part of.... do some of you understand the impact your having. I dont even know what and who these cryptic messages are targeting. Be like Ian B, be honest, talk to us about your concerns.

On a day that I ve taken as leave, to go set up everything for 2 days at Cadwell, I have to say, I am disappointed and totally demoralised. maybe your right, this negativity, might drive me to pack it all in and not just the forum!

Time to Turn it off and go enjoy the company of the large number of Triple-M enthusiasts who will celebrate the MG Legacy this weekend.

Cant express how I feel this morn, probably more about being totally exhausted from spinning too many plates but At least I have a 4 hour drive to calm down.

Hope everyone has a brilliant weekend.

Mark
Committee Member.

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

wiggy963

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2017 :  09:59:55  Show Profile
Mark, nil Carborundum
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1029 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2017 :  11:16:38  Show Profile
Mark
Never give in to the negativity!
There are plenty of us whom are grateful of all the effort and time you and the rest of the register devote to our cause.

Recently things get taken over to often by the screaming minority.
The silent majority has your back!

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1711 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2017 :  17:12:00  Show Profile
I put it all down to Brexit!!!
Go to Top of Page

PreWarMG

Australia
395 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2017 :  02:07:36  Show Profile
No where did I suggest any problem with the MMM Committee.
Enthusiasts have been driven from the MGCC for a long time, but one lives in hope for the future that things may change.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000