Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 URGENT REQUEST FOR HELP WITH THE DVLA
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gerard van der veen

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2017 :  12:26:56  Show Profile
Can somebody please help me with advice as what is best to do.....

I have acquired a car from the abroad which was originally a UK car. Through the MG club I was endorsed and received proof to indicate that my car with chassis number, PA1671, is connected to BCV 18 as a UK registration.

Twice I was rejected by the DVLA; the first time I received all info back as it missed my UK residence info (?), the second time I received all info back as it missed the cheque for the fee (?).
I can even proof that both info was send in earlier, but that is not really relevant..

Now, today, I received the papers from the DVLA and I got a TOTALLY DIFFERENT number plate.......

What can I do; as I don't really know what to do and a very desperate..... All prior info on the car has been from the start with BCV18, importing, the whole thing,.....

I really find it important to have the good, rightfully number, could please somebody HELP!!!

Gerard.

gerard van der veen

Small addition, in their first rejection, they even used the correct registration number in their subject heading.....!!(??)

Edited by - gerard van der veen on 22/07/2017 12:56:16

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3226 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2017 :  14:04:58  Show Profile
Gerard

I will email you offline - there is a procedure where you could obtain some assistance from the MG Car Club.

George
Secretary
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2017 :  14:09:08  Show Profile
Hello Gerard,

I'm assuming that your application was sponsored by the MGCC?

I'm also assuming that your application was supported by a V55/5 form, a properly certified V765 form and the necessary NOVA (Notification of Vehicle Arrivals) advice.

The first rejection may have been because you didn't provide proof of identity and residence.

Regarding the second rejection, no fee is payable for a reclaimed registration mark application.

If your application was sponsored by MGCC you need to go back through the MGCC and send them the papers.

if it wasn't you still need to send the papers to the MGCC for advice.

I am not touting for business but I provide this service for the MG Octagon Car club. I normally deal with and certify applications on a next day service basis and get them off to DVLA on Day 'B' (Day 'A' being the day of receipt from the member).

I have been assisting a member to get a DVLA ruling overturned over the last few months. It has involved reams of correspondence right up to the Chief Executive without success, so we went to the Independent Claims Assessor (ICA) and he has found in our favour.

I mention my role in the MG Octagon Car Club merely to underscore that I am qualified in these matters.

Kind Regards, JOHN JAMES

Go to Top of Page

gerard van der veen

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2017 :  15:14:24  Show Profile
Hi George & John,
Thank you both for responding as I feel a little difficult now (like a chicken not knowing how to lay an egg).
I don't want to upset anybody, neither the DVLA, nor the MG Club.

I followed the book,
On arrival of the car in the UK, all HMRC clearance received, I received a thick pack from the DVLA, to fill in all your mentioned documents: V55/5, V765, NOVA, R88, etc.
I didn't sent it to the DVLA but to the MG Club. This on DVLA advice, I approached the MG Club, had become a member etc, added extra photo's to add to the MMM register... I even additional other (proof) information I earlier collected from the MG Archive, and actual info of the current car (to indicate no changes are made to the car).
It all went over a 'large' time line, hence this unfavorable outcome...

The car was bought in Aug 2016, arrived in the UK Febr 2017. The thick pack DVLA, incl additional info (ID + Cheque etc.), was send to the MG club to John H in March (I have a photograph of all doc's that were sent in). Several weeks/months(!!) I didn't hear anything apart from Graham (23 May) that he acknowledged the original number plate and the MG endorsement would be OK... on the 8th of June (more than 2 months later), John H mailed me that he had sent in the doc's two weeks earlier and should receive from the DVLA any moment. About 5 weeks ago (2nd week June), I received a thick pack from the DVLA; it rejected my application, only reason(-s); No ID and no residence doc. It was originally sent with!(see my photo's earlier mentioned). I re-send the full pack in the pre- addressed DVLA envelope. Three weeks ago a message on my answering machine to phone the DVLA. Days later I phoned (I was away for business not being aware of their approach). The DVLA just told me that 'everything was ok but missed the cheque to pay the fee', but as I missed the 'response slot' the whole pack is in the post to me!. I received two weeks ago the same pack, with another standard rejection saying; it is rejected as no fee was included. Nothing more. I re-send the whole pack, incl. new cheque, in their pre-addressed envelope to be signed at delivery. Today I received a V5 for my car with an entirely different number UXS 498, with no accompanied letter etc, nothing... and than I panicked... don't know what o do...
I really hope John you can help me...
Kind regards,
Gerard.

gerard van der veen

Edited by - gerard van der veen on 22/07/2017 15:16:45
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2017 :  15:41:36  Show Profile
This is all very strange. There is no doubt that PA 1671 was originally registered BCV 18. Strangely, checking the number on the DVLA web site it shows a 1935 MG PA, last tax due 1982, but this does not directly link it to your car. I do not know if the MGCC can chase on your behalf or if you have to do it yourself, but a phone call to DVLA is probably the next step - it is often a matter of finding the right person at the other end!

Regards,
Graham

Edited by - MaGic_GV on 22/07/2017 15:42:14
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2017 :  15:42:46  Show Profile
Hello Gerard,

From what you say, I don't think you have received very good service.

I would love to help, but I don't want to be seen to be stepping on anyone else's toes.

I am not an MGCC member.

You really need to send all the papers back to MGCC and ask them to sort matters out.

Kind Regards, JOHN
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2017 :  16:09:00  Show Profile
Hi Gerard,

This is a very odd situation. As others have said the main club can assist you to navigate the labyrinth of the DVLA. John Hutchinson is the person at Kimber house who is best placed to assist you. In fact he is currently here at Cadwell Park and I will mention the case to him. I will also email him this forum thread so that he can be aware of the background.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

gerard van der veen

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2017 :  16:32:53  Show Profile
Hi Graham, John and David,
First to react on Graham; if the DVLA shows that; that is the PA, it was manufactured & left workshop/factory in 1934, stood for a year at the dealer and was sold in 1935 and put first on its UK registration! All this info is known/written down, so the car is known to the DVLA, which should be a good sign... also last November when I asked the DVLA about their documents on BCV 18, they told me that it was registered as 'being permanently exported'; which was correct as it was at the USA (ML being the last owner), but they send me already all doc's to a) register it if it is in UK (with a penalty thread) and 'even' the form V765, to ask for it original number back!!
Hence I don't understand what is/has happened, somewhere, somebody, has fallen asleep along the process...

But being right is not the same as being 'treated' right... or getting the 'right result'; what my ultimate aim is.

Thank you for all the responses. On advice of the DVLA (!!), to do it 'through the MG club', I first need to contact the Club, that was my first action; straightaway I mailed John H, but like before, you only receive an 'auto reply; not in the office', logic its weekend. It appears he is in Cadwell Park, also logic, he's a race secretary, maybe with a spin him self.. Treading on eggs, I really hope he can help?
There is nothing to send back or in; I only received a standard DVLA envelope with a V5 with the wrong registration number, but frightening filled in with my PA's details. No history known... blank, running of the mill, leaving all my halve year hopes in tatters... Maybe for DVLA provenance is not important, me as an enthusiast/admirer, live by it...saying the least. I don't know how the relation between Kimber House and the DVLA is.
For the moment, I try to stay calm, I really think & hope (somebody admits) a mistake has been made... and could be corrected....
Kind regards, for now,
Gerard.

gerard van der veen

Edited by - gerard van der veen on 22/07/2017 16:46:28
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2017 :  17:00:15  Show Profile
I have sent John Hutchinson a link to this thread and a brief summary of the way in which you we would like him to assist you. He is back in the office on Monday.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

gerard van der veen

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2017 :  14:02:10  Show Profile
Dear All,
Through another MMM member I was 'directed' to a BMW site; 'Find your BMW in the UK' @ https://www.bmw-warranty.co.uk/CarDetails/Index.
I got a surprise, which might help me to retrieve my correct UK registration as MY CAR is mentioned there!!
Does Europe knows more or is better informed about the UK, than the DVLA??
Clearly all my details are mentioned!

Vehicle Registration Number
BCV18
Model
VIN (Chassis)
PA1671
First Registration Date
10/08/1935

It looks like that the date of being manufactured (16-10-'34) and its first owners UK registration (10th Aug 1935, Falmouth), created some anomaly... which is strange as ALL THIS INFORMATION (MG Archive material) WAS SENT TO THE DVLA by me (through the MG club); I paid the club 25 pounds to do an archive search, way before the car arrived to the UK; just wanted to know what I was buying and copied this in, as proving material towards the DVLA...

It does confirm that Graham was right all the way! (he did sent me a nice email (23 May) that the MG club endorsed my V675 request).

Lets hope the DVLA will review my request (my case and grand it).
To be followed, kind regards,
Gerard.

gerard van der veen
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2017 :  18:31:20  Show Profile
In my list of assumptions (see one but previous post) I should have asked what evidence you produced to link the registration mark with the chassis number.

It all depends on what document you have which links the original registration number BCV 18 with the chassis number PA1671. If you don’t have the original (or continuation log book) the next best thing is an Official Pass-Out Voucher from the Works.

If a Triple-M car went back to Abingdon under guarantee, upon it being fixed, the owner or his or her representative (local garage man) was required to sign a discharge that he (or she) had taken the car away in good condition and was satisfied with the repairs carried out.

If you haven’t got the original (or continuation) log book or a copy (preferably the original) of the Official Pass-Out Voucher from the chassis file, then I’m afraid (always assuming that there is no other key acceptable document) that there is no chance of reclaiming the original registration number.

JOHN JAMES

Go to Top of Page

gerard van der veen

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2017 :  20:13:53  Show Profile
Hi John, I have a similar piece of document that connects my chassis number with its original UK registration; the car went back to the factory for a workshop check-up in Abingdon in 1936; the first owner complained as the car wasn't powerful enough. It went even a second time back with the question if he could the engine swapped for a PB; the factory sent him a rather harsh letter; no company policy, but ironically a few months later, the factory was doing the same. It did receive a PB engine (+ gearbox) later. As like my car, they couldn't get the PA's sold as they were too expensive for the power they delivered and the competition offered more... Not knowing that the same issue, mixing manufacturing year & 1st UK registration year, could create problems... I've included a photo of the proving workshop document. I have had a paid 'archive check' done by the club and they found this piece of evidence, hence the club endorsed my claim. The DVLA didn't look or used the evidence... I hope they re-look, re-consider & re-instate... it is unmistakably there.
Kind regards,
Gerard.

gerard van der veen

Edited by - gerard van der veen on 23/07/2017 20:15:08
Go to Top of Page

George Wilder

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2017 :  08:09:24  Show Profile
gerard van der veen

BMW are not better informed they just link to the the DVLA website that you can access where the details of your car can be found. Its free public service.

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

Try it your car is there!

George
Go to Top of Page

gerard van der veen

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2017 :  20:20:46  Show Profile
Hi George,
Thank You George, you are right, it is just a 'internet coupling', nevertheless it remains a mystery; I've seen my car on the DVLA site.

The only 'very sad' situation; today the DVLA has sent me 'the pack' back with an attached letter, saying nothing more than this is the UK registration for the car, with a 'purchasing document for number plates.

All docs; Nova with my chassis number, ID, application for original registration number (with evidence remark) V765, an (*) endorsement MG Club to gain original registration, Register Inspection confirming originality BCV18 & my chassis, multiple copies of MG Archive indicating 100% link BCV18 with my chassis, multiple photo's supporting current car details and finally my last accompanying letter (the last time they missed a cheque..), stating ...rounding off the procedure to acquire the authentic number plate registration for my vehicle, kind regards,.......

and still a 'strange' number..... ..... ...... arrived. Why & why me.

gerard van der veen

Edited by - gerard van der veen on 24/07/2017 20:22:59
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2017 :  20:35:37  Show Profile
Gerard, further to our emails off-line, a general comment for what it may be worth, but which many of us may endorse, is that when submitting material to the DVLA keep it to the basic minimum requirements without embellishment or extraneous information. Being a clerically-based organisation they struggle to cope with complexity!
perhaps when you are able to chat things through with John Hutchinson tomorrow the fog may clear a little? Hope so.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

gerard van der veen

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2017 :  04:03:00  Show Profile
Hi Dick,
Thank you for your comment. Beautiful paradox 'DVLA's simplicity'!

In receiving 'the pack' of the DVLA back at my address, I am missing crucial documents, which were included & noted in their V55/5 (I've copies). Clerical they may be; it is never allowed to 'loose' important information, especially when the direct lineage, uninterrupted canonical, existence between PA1671 and BCV18, is at stake; the USA entitlement of the former owner & failure to mention this owner registered in the MMM-register.

I will keep it simple to the DVLA; it is not only emotional damage, but also the financial value of the car will be impacted.

Looking forward to speak to John and do really hope we can resolve matters amicable with the respective parties.

Kind regards,
Gerard.

gerard van der veen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000