Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Starter Spiral Spacer
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pauly45

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2017 :  19:27:54  Show Profile
Following my post regarding starter motor gear engagement, I thought I would see if there are any of the long spiral spacers around to see if I can improve gear engagement.

The part I think I'm after is the red arrowed part shown below.
I am assuming that this spiral will fit the gear on my starter, if not, I guess I would then be after a matching gear also.

Many thanks
Paul

george

United Kingdom
862 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2017 :  20:23:50  Show Profile
Paul I think that you need to change the whole rotating assembly as they are quite different . I think that I may be able to photograph the bits [if I can find them] tomorrow . I don't think that there is anything wrong with the one you have, the thick and thin spacers can be swapped . Geoff
Go to Top of Page

chris Wallis

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2017 :  08:55:29  Show Profile
Hi Paul
the assembly of the spacers and the scroll are the wrong way round, if you can give me a call on 01332 703630 it will be easier to explain what you need to do [not a big job]. Chris Wallis.

C L Wallis
Go to Top of Page

george

United Kingdom
862 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2017 :  12:44:13  Show Profile
Sorry Paul but no photo, the starter with the short Bendix is on the car. The splines on your starter with a light spring finish about 20mm short of the motor end plate so the long Bendix will not reach the end.Geoff
Go to Top of Page

george

United Kingdom
862 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2017 :  13:37:14  Show Profile
Sorry Paul but no photo, the starter with the short Bendix is on the car. The splines on your starter with a light spring finish about 20mm short of the motor end plate so the long Bendix will not reach the end.Geoff
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000