Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Information regarding J3755
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1485 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2018 :  11:37:38  Show Profile
Nev Churcher writes "I am having difficulty getting DVLA to even consider re-uniting J3755 with its original Reg. Number OY4189 as the records in Croydon were destroyed in the war, I have no old logbooks (the car was converted to a single seater in 1938) and the Works build information has been missing for a long time. Does anyone out there have any copies of the latter or of any correspondence from the Works quoting both chassis number and Registration Number ? I would be grateful for any information which might assist. Please phone me on 02392 527202.
Many thanks.
Nev Churcher."

tholden

United Kingdom
1628 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2018 :  11:55:18  Show Profile
Colin if Nev contacts the club office he might find that they have some limited information on old micro files for some of the cars with lost factory records. The information was, I believe, extracted from the files before they were lost. Other than that I suspect he will have to rely on the photographic evidence and known historical information he has to connect the chassis number to the registration number.

TH
Go to Top of Page

mgmog

United Kingdom
464 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2018 :  14:03:13  Show Profile
Colin, as Nev does not use the forum, do you remember this thread? http://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10136

Rich Stott
Go to Top of Page

Brian Kelly

USA
526 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2018 :  23:21:56  Show Profile

Hi Colin.

Perhaps they would accept the history listing of the car from The Hawke History of MMM Competition Cars.

Page 76 lists; engine number and UK reg. number plus all information
on previous owners/events from Build date - 19/11/32 through to 2014.

Plus doesn't the MG Car Club verify the authenticity in this regard?

Regards to Nev.

Brian.
Go to Top of Page

tjackson

Australia
105 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2018 :  04:42:14  Show Profile
Hi Colin
Nev should have a copy of the letters Archer wrote home from the Monte Carlo along with the photos which clearly show number plate and entry number. Are there Monte Carlo / Mont des Mules records from 1933 that list the chassis number? Would the DVLA accept published material (eg. the photo in the link Rich pointed out above) as evidence? Cheers
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1485 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2018 :  18:21:17  Show Profile
Thank you all for the very helpful suggestions, which I am passing on to Nev. The 2015 MMM Forum contribution is especially important as the contemporary magazine photograph shown links the chassis, Registration and Competition numbers all together in the one image. I am sure that I read it at the time but not being a "J3 person", I am ashamed to say that I did not commit it to memory. Tut,tut.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000