Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 M type bearing
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tim Burton

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2018 :  11:56:25  Show Profile
I am trying to find a new old stock crankshaft bearing (RHP QJM) to buy for my M type, other engine parts, old or new, would also be of interest for my engine rebuild.Thanks for any assistance in this.

T.Burton

ja.mcnab

United Kingdom
204 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2018 :  12:56:53  Show Profile
I have front housing, crank flange and bronze sleeve, clutch drive and cover plates, complete J2 flywheel and clutch( good for M as larger driven plate ), various oil pipes etc. What do you need?
Go to Top of Page

gsrun

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2018 :  12:58:33  Show Profile
Is this the one you need?
Graham

contact direct gsrun@rocketmail.com if of use

Go to Top of Page

Malcolm Eades

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2018 :  14:27:16  Show Profile
You really need the split race type to take the side thrust. See:

www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=8185&SearchTerms=RHP,QJM

As stated in that thread, there is a modern near equivalent which I got from vintagebearings.co.uk but be prepared for a sharp intake of breath when you hear the price. Depending on your housing, you may find it a tad loose, for which the orthodox solution is to build up the outer race with chrome plating, However, one of the locking fluids might work.

Malcolm
M Type

Edited by - Malcolm Eades on 27/02/2018 14:28:18
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2141 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2018 :  20:34:54  Show Profile
The RHP JM needs more balls! The split track RHP QJM 1 3/8th has 10 balls from memory and is a lot harder wearing. You can also adjust it with it being split inner track.

The original early J crank bearing was a double race with significantly more balls and better still, but not been around for many decades sadly

RHP do make new QJM 1 3/8th bearings although very expensive. Chinese copies are around and are garbage material ( sometimes come in a plain blue box).

Rich

Vintage MG Parts

Edited by - Richard Hardy on 27/02/2018 20:35:29
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2141 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2018 :  20:35:42  Show Profile
The RHP JM needs more balls! The split track RHP QJM 1 3/8th has 10 balls from memory and is a lot harder wearing. You can also adjust it with it being split inner track.

The original early J crank bearing was a double race with significantly more balls and better still, but not been around for many decades sadly

RHOP do make new QJM 1 3/8th bearings although very expensive. Chinese copies are around and are garbage material ( sometimes come in a plain blue box).

Rich

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

SV4670

United Kingdom
299 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2018 :  08:46:49  Show Profile
If you want a Phoenix crank and rods S and V can supply you. I am hoping to swap astandard M type Phoenix crank for a fully counterbalanced J type crank
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000