Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 M type rear back plates and drums
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cashworth

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2018 :  12:11:47  Show Profile
Good morning Garry
On my car I have one backplate measuring 9” diameter and one measuring 9 13/16. By fitting a brake drum from the from the front axle, which has finned drums, it is a perfect fit. My car is a 1932 model and should have finned drums all round. Someone in the past has clearly messed around with the back axle. May be the J drums will fit OK.
Chris
Go to Top of Page

cashworth

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2018 :  18:51:16  Show Profile
Hello tink
This afternoon I went to see a friend of mine who has a J type and I was able to compare the J drums with M drums. Whilst the drums are the same diameter the are two minor differences. Firstly the diameter of the six studs on the J is slightly larger than on the three on the M which may lead to some slack in the drum and secondly, as g waiting alluded to, larger headed countersunk screws will be needed.
Therefore, as I am in no hurry, to purchase finned drums I will pass on your offer of the pair of J drums that you have and wait for a pair of finned M drums to turn up.
I have managed to buy and fit a backplate of the correct diameter so the urgency has gone.
Thanks for your interest in my search.
Chris
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000