Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 N Type Seats
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Andrew Fock

Australia
370 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2018 :  02:18:26  Show Profile
Hi,

I have a request from a non forum member who is doing up a 2 seater NA. Would anyone be able to supply photos of the original arrangement for anchoring the seats? I gather that unlike my 4 seater, they did not have "runners" . I have also be lead to believe that they were different to the P types with the peg and hole??

regards

Andrew

NA 0279
PA 1294

rodb

New Zealand
260 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2018 :  09:25:21  Show Profile
Andrew

I have some detailed images showing the seat bases. Yes they are quite different to a P type.

RodB NZ
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2018 :  09:35:59  Show Profile
As far as I can recall the seat backs on NA0960 used the same arrangement as the P types with a pegs and holes. However, the seating in the car was to Police requirements with the passenger’s side - observer- angled towards the driver. I presume this was to enable the observer to better see the instruments.

The seat bases were as shown in Rod’s posting, the slots fitted onto angle iron strips screwed to the floor. The for and aft movement of the seat base involved just picking up the base and moving it between the angle iron - all very basic!

The batteries were brought forward and positioned under the seat bases, obviously for easier access.

I opted to have two individual seats which were bolted to the floor - there were two positions.

George
Ex NA0960

Edited by - George Eagle on 11/04/2018 09:44:48
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2495 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2018 :  14:07:27  Show Profile
Rod, fascinated to see that little hinged portion at the front end. This looks very like a simple means of raising the front end to provide greater thigh support. Am I right?

Cheers,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

thecollingburnboys

United Kingdom
574 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2018 :  19:36:51  Show Profile
Tom Wilson at kimbercreekltd@gmail.com can help you with this, he might have some to spare that he acquired from me.

Regards James Collingburn
Go to Top of Page

thecollingburnboys

United Kingdom
574 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2018 :  21:58:35  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by Oz34

Rod, fascinated to see that little hinged portion at the front end. This looks very like a simple means of raising the front end to provide greater thigh support. Am I right?

Yes you are, gives some extra height.

Regards James Collingburn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000