Triple M Register
Triple M Register
Home | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Technical Information Forum
 New PB Blocks
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

cleydon

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2018 :  22:25:25  Show Profile
The new PB cylinder blocks are cast with no internal breather channel and yet have the boss for the external tube cast onto the outside. Simply boring holes into the crankcase will lead to oil loss and may compromise the internal cast webbing for the center main.

How have rebuilders modified their blocks to provide a working side breather? (Or are they electing to forgo the function of the breather entirely and have the side breather tube just for show......if that is the case, how well does the PB breathe at 6000rpm?)
Many thanks in advance of your reply,
Best,
Chris

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1588 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2018 :  23:49:49  Show Profile
Chris,

I can assure you there is no need for a second breather with good modern pistons. If you want to make the block look like a PB block just bolt the second breather onto the flange, as you say do not drill holes underneath it

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Widung

Sweden
170 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2018 :  12:40:43  Show Profile
Who sells these PB blocks?

Widung
PB 0635
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1588 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2018 :  15:40:57  Show Profile
Jan,

I used to but I have recently sold the patterns, but they can be purchased through the usual UK Triple-M spares dealers.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

cleydon

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2018 :  00:57:17  Show Profile
Many thanks Peter for your reply. I have suspected the modern three piece oil ring would also negate the need for the additional breather.
Best,
Chris
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple M Register © 2003-2019 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000