Triple M Register
Triple M Register
Home | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Technical Information Forum
 PA supercharger
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Andrew.Coward

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2018 :  20:17:56  Show Profile
Hi all, can anyone help? Just finished rebuilding the cylinder head on my PA
Whilst waiting for parts, it seemed like a good time to fit the front mounted volume X
blower. I now wish to run the engine to make sure it's all ok, normally aspirated before finally changing the manifold and connecting the blower.
My question is, can I leave the blower connected to the engine whilst running it normally
Aspirated?
It has its own oil supply, my worry is, will it do any damage to the vanes?
Also, can anyone help I fitted a new cam and I've lost the valve timing, is there an easy way of retiming the cam shaft?
Thanks a lot. Andrew.,

George Eagle

United Kingdom
2359 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2018 :  14:45:51  Show Profile
I am no expert but think the Volumex would be perfectly ok to run with just blanking plates to protect the two rotors - they are not vanes - with small ventilating holes in the plates to allow for intake and outlet of air?

I have always run my supercharged engines straight from rebuild without any problems.

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 17/07/2018 14:47:07
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
784 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2018 :  17:53:58  Show Profile
Surely it's simple enough to just unbolt it, 2 minute job. Regarding the timing, regarding the cam timing; as long as the cam is reasonably std; a ruler (level) across the lobes of No1 cylinder at TDC on compression will get you close enough to run reasonably well. But, Check with your cam supplier before getting the blower hooked up.
JH

Edited by - JMH on 17/07/2018 17:54:50
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple M Register © 2003-2019 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000