Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Oil gun
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MarkH

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2019 :  10:01:50  Show Profile
I need a hand held manual pressure oil gun to oil my brake cables. Must have flexible hose and coupler (like on a grease gun) to clamp over the nipples.

Have searched the net - no luck.

Can anyone point me to a product they have bought. Must be plenty of MMM owners out there with the same need. I have an original MMM oil gun that a) leaks, and b) does not allow me to get to the nipples at the rear on the chassis frame, nor the front brake cable nipples with ease. I do not have the original oil system on the car (J2).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers!

MSH

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1479 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2019 :  11:02:53  Show Profile
Mark. I use a Wanner grease gun for my chassis oiling needs. Swiss made - beautifully constructed - high pressure and no leaks. I don't use a flexible hose, and the connector is the type that grips firmly onto the grease (oil) nipples. As a result, I had to replace some of the original MMM nipples with those having a more modern profile. One of the rear spring (front end) nipples could not be accessed easily, but by relieving the chassis bracket by a very small amount (about 1/16th of an inch) using a rotary burr, I can get the gun to grip on the nipple. So I can now lay on the garage floor and oil everything up very satisfactorily, but at present I haven't worked out the best way to stand up straight again afterwards.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

MarkH

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2019 :  11:29:06  Show Profile
Colin,

Thanks for the pointer.

Bests,

MSH
Go to Top of Page

Terry Hartley

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2019 :  11:37:27  Show Profile
I second Colin's vote for the Wanner gun. I have two, one for oil one for grease. They are far better than any other make I have tried and good used ones can be picked up on Ebay for a reasonable price.
Terry.
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3051 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2019 :  11:55:05  Show Profile
This example on eBay looks like good old British brass and steel engineering to me and for only £8 ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Duty-Large-short-Manual-Grease-gun-brass-end-Interlube/192789825816?hash=item2ce32b4918:g:ItYAAOSw5KdbZyTm:rk:50:pf:0

I have a couple of these and I am very impressed. It is important of course to use the correct connecter for the grease nipple.

Sam
Go to Top of Page

MarkH

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2019 :  12:17:04  Show Profile
Thank you Sam,

MSH
Go to Top of Page

MarkH

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2019 :  12:18:16  Show Profile
...and thank you Terry.

MSH
Go to Top of Page

chapelfarmer

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2019 :  13:24:20  Show Profile
My Wanner gun won’t hold oil annoyingly, it dribbles out between uses. Is this normal, anyone know? I too have one for each application, no problem with the grease one.

john
Go to Top of Page

Gerhard Maier

Germany
864 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2019 :  17:36:14  Show Profile
John,
the Wanner which I use with oil, is also dripping when laying around.

So I always care when not using it, that the pressure spring is relieved, and I store it upside down.
Gerhard
Go to Top of Page

chapelfarmer

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2019 :  18:34:47  Show Profile
Interesting - thanks for the tip Gerhard. I imagine maybe you mean that you leave the spring in tension ie with the chain pulled tight (relieving the pressure the spring normally exerts?) I’ll Try this !
John

john
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2494 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2019 :  22:46:20  Show Profile
I've used a Wanner for grease for 50 years and wouldn't part with it. I'm intending to get another for oil as it's pain to keep changing its contents, but I've always relieved the pressure as Gerhard say when not in use.

The best thing since sliced bread!

Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000