Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 M type windscreen stanchions
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2019 :  07:19:55  Show Profile
I am missing both windscreen stanchions for my M type. Does anyone have a pair of any of the three (?) patterns that were used that they could sell me ? Alternatively , can anyone steer me to a supplier of 'D' shaped brass extrusion ?

Malcolm Eades

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2019 :  09:55:34  Show Profile
Fred,

I had some castings made of the earlier, more complex, moulded type. The later ones were just bent strip (probably to reduce costs). Your question mark suggests that you think there might have been a third type, so I'd be interested to know if there was.

I still have a pair of unfettled bare castings in Admiralty brass if you are interested. Or, if you want to get your own castings made, you could borrow the plastic patterns that were 3D printed for me from a scan of original parts.

Malcolm
M Type

Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2019 :  11:02:32  Show Profile
Malcolm, many thanks for that speedy reply. Yes , I would be most interested in buying your unfettled castings as they would be the correct ones for a 1930 car. I believe the later metal bodied cars had the bent strip stanchions , and I had heard that there was a third type but in what form I don't know . Can you let me know a cost for the castings , but , being a poor , whining pensioner , I might still have to go for the bent strip type !
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm Eades

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2019 :  13:05:37  Show Profile
Thanks Fred.

I have replied via the forum mail system but if nothing arrives, contact me: eadesmg(at)aol(dot)com.

Malcolm
M Type

Go to Top of Page

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
697 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2019 :  16:07:21  Show Profile
Fred,
I have owned two 1930 M types that were both bought in the 1960s. Clearly there would have been plenty of opportunity for original items to have been replaced by then but both cars came to me with the twisted brass type of side stanchions.
Keith
Go to Top of Page

g waiting

United Kingdom
715 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2019 :  16:49:42  Show Profile
Hi Malcolm,
If Fred doesn't have the castings, can I have them please?
Regards,
Garry
Go to Top of Page

chris Wallis

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2019 :  17:01:40  Show Profile
Hi Fred try Brass craft [CHRIS GLOVER] 01252 782702 FARNHAM He has all sorts of brass and also makes windscreen frames.

C L Wallis
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm Eades

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2019 :  17:36:33  Show Profile
Garry,

I have replied by email.

Malcolm
M Type

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic