Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PA 1424 Guarantee plate
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Andrew Fock

Australia
370 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2019 :  09:32:10  Show Profile
Hi All,

The guarantee plate for PA 1424 is currently on E-bay. I am trying to get it for the owner.... please do not bid against me.

thanks

Andrew

NA 0279
PA 1294

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2019 :  23:54:51  Show Profile
I strongly advise you get a clear photo of this and check its authenticity with the appropriate Triple M Registrar, Dick Morbey. There are lots of repro copies around - I have one original and 2 copies for my PA!
Bob Clare
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Fock

Australia
370 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2019 :  04:57:26  Show Profile
Hi Bob,
Thanks for the warning. The chassis number/ engine number combination are correct. The chassis number stampings do not appear to be the usual format... however, The owners story is convincing.
The car was bought as a chassis by Bill Thompson a well know local racing identity. He turned it into a speedway car which was not very successful. It was then returned to a road car in 1935 being built up with the parts from PA 0595 including the PSGB and large fuel tank. It is likely that the original plate was lost in that process ... could the factory have issued a replacement?

Andrew

NA 0279
PA 1294
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000