Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 90th anniversary update
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  18:12:57  Show Profile
I realise that there is a separate thread running about the 90th anniversary celebrations, but many of you have asked what the Register plans to do now that the Silverstone MG Live! event has been cancelled.

The answer is ....
Peter Green and his family, with the Committee's endorsement, have generously offered to open up the 2019 Register Summer Gathering, already scheduled for Sunday 7th July, by making it a much larger event. 'Larger' means that the traditional limit to the number of cars that can attend will be much increased and may be removed altogether. (The limit has always been dictated by catering considerations, but for 2019 other arrangements will be made to ensure that everyone can be fed!)

The planning for the event is now underway and additional attractions will be incorporated. We will keep you posted through the medium of this Forum and in other ways.

By all means please start to register your interest through this thread, but we would ask that you do not bombard Peter for the time being, as he is currently in hospital awaiting treatment. He has nevertheless specifically asked me to say that the event will definitely happen and hopes that everyone will make an effort to support it. You can be certain of having a good time.

Needless to say, with a bigger event comes a bigger workload, so offers of assistance will be gratefully received!

Dick Morbey
Register Secretary

Edited by - DickMorbey on 08/04/2019 18:13:53

colintf

United Kingdom
1485 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  20:24:18  Show Profile
That's fantastic, many thanks Peter. Two pairs of hands ready to help when needed :)
Hope all goes well Peter and here's to a speedy recovery!

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  20:57:22  Show Profile
Dick - email sent.

Wishing Peter all the best and a speedy recovery.

George
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  21:38:08  Show Profile
All good wishes to Peter.
I am looking at the possibility of coming, bringing the car on a trailer!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

mgmog

United Kingdom
463 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  22:39:10  Show Profile
Yes best wishes Peter

Rich Stott
Go to Top of Page

John Libbert

USA
211 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  11:59:47  Show Profile
Hi Dick,

My wife and I are planning on attending although it will be in a hire car, not the J2 which still isn't finished yet.

Best regards to you and certainly to Peter too.

John Libbert
Milford, OH
USA
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
758 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  15:46:09  Show Profile
Julia and I are planning to be there.
We wish Peter well with his treatment.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page