Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PA Airline for sale
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Oz34

United Kingdom
2495 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2019 :  19:11:39  Show Profile
Just happened to notice in The Automobile a PA Airline Coupe and here she is still available with Robin Lawton if anyone is interested!
https://www.robinlawton.com/cars/1934-mg-pa-airline-coupe?page=vintage-classic-cars-for-sale&pg=

Dave

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2019 :  09:55:42  Show Profile
MMM number 200. That must make it worth an extra £500 on its own.

Bit sad that it is up for sale despite not being run-in following its rebuild. It would have been nice if it had given its owner the pleasure of driving it around for a year or two.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2019 :  18:51:03  Show Profile
I am advised the vendor inherited this part rebuilt car from his late father and decided to complete the project. The car looks superb and it is a pity he has decided not to enjoy driving it.

I wonder what is happening to the market for our cars? The classic car market has softened recently and this is evidenced by the 24 cars currently offered for sale in our web site. Some of the asking prices appear to me to be a bit too optimistic?

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 19/04/2019 19:10:26
Go to Top of Page

John Mee

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2019 :  21:24:19  Show Profile
I’m not sure young people have the time or interest in old cars these days. Health and safety, cars without seat belts, etc. It’s a different world these days.
We never used to worry about breakdowns , we just lifted the bonnet and sorted it out, times have changed. 1970, My wife used our F1 to get to work, no side screens , but it was better than the bus.

John Mee
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3209 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2019 :  00:42:16  Show Profile
George, It was not the vendor who inherited it, but instead the owner. (Unless you mean the same thing).

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000