Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Coil switch over disc
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2019 :  10:24:39  Show Profile
Hi Guys,
Would anyone have a coil 1 coil 2 disc that sits behind the change over switch, for the C Type, as shown in the attached picture.
Just need one to finish off the dashboard.
Hopefully
David D

Regards
David D

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2143 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2019 :  07:47:32  Show Profile
Does anyone know what the factory did as an alternative for the J4 model. This has perplexed me when finishing off my J4 styled J1

Rich

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

KevinA

New Zealand
669 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2019 :  09:33:58  Show Profile
I can't answer your question but maybe you can answer mine. How does this switch the coils? 12v feed to the coil, Low tension to the distributor or HT cable? I have an ex works car that had twin coils but haven't worked out the dwitching
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2019 :  10:42:07  Show Profile
On the C type the switch is in fact a mechanical one, it has a rod behind it that goes from the back of the dashboard, through the firewall and into the change over box, ie no electrical connections behind the dashboard. It is only the circular disc with the label that I need. The actual “knob” is the same as on the M type.
I think each coil is wired normally, then each HT lead goes into the change over box, and then one HT lead comes out and goes to the distributer.

Regards
David D

Edited by - Dow on 20/11/2019 11:48:58
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000