Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Full Members Details.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  15:45:17  Show Profile
I think it would be a great help to forum members if their full requested details are shown on the Members Profile. There are many occasions, I find, when it is not only useful to know a person's full name but, even more useful, to know the town/village they live in, particularly if it is convenient to you. I appreciate the need some may have for security but in most cases that problem doesn't arise. What do other members think?.If you agree & your Profile is lacking then please amend it. Thanks, Ray

Nick Feakes

USA
3352 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  20:48:36  Show Profile
Hi Ray
This issue came up before and it was left such that if you wish to add your Town etc it was up to the individual member. It is now a requirement to provide this information when registering, although it is almost impossible to verify as correct but I would also encourage every member to add at least the city and country to their profile for the convenience of others.
It is only possible for registered members who are logged in to view another member's profile.
Nick

The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
651 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  17:06:27  Show Profile
Well I tried that - but despite entering a date of birth from the list provided, it keeps asking for my date of birth.
And what is the relevence of dates of birth to the MMM register - we are all very old anyway!
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3352 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  17:54:00  Show Profile
The date of birth question is there to help prevent internet bots from registering. I used to get about 10 spam requests for registration a day before this update to the forum software, I only seem to get human generated spam now. I believe that I am the only one who can modify a member's profile so if anyone would like details added to their profile, email me directly and I will do that for you.
Nick

The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  18:07:49  Show Profile
I have now entered my dob - Nick, does that mean that I will now receive a Triple-M birthday card?

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3352 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  00:12:31  Show Profile
It would appear that any member can modify their own profile. If however, you have difficulty then e-mail me and I will do it for you.
I like Dick's idea, what we need is someone to create a calender and send out e-cards on the appropriate date. Need a small job Dick?
Nick

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000