Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Active Topics
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gordon

United Kingdom
691 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  12:34:34  Show Profile
I have noticed that there appears to be a new "Active Topics" box on the top left that gives the time stamp of when last visited. This seems to be working incorrectly as it does not show the correct date or time - it is 10 days out in my case. My computer system shows the correct time and date so I can only assume the problem is with the website. Could we have this fixed please as I find the Active Topics system most convenient - particularly if it shows the correct date you last visited the site!! If it is my system can you tell me what to do to correct the fault please.

Gordon

David Allison

United Kingdom
665 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  12:38:45  Show Profile
Works fine on mine Gordon - could be a glitch??
Regards David
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  13:28:21  Show Profile
Hi Gordon
It seems to be working correctly for me. Do you always go into 'Active topics' first? On your last visit did you open any topics (this is how it registers your last visit)?
Nick

Nostalgia just isn't what it used to be.
Go to Top of Page

Gordon

United Kingdom
691 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  15:24:04  Show Profile
Hi David and Nick,
Thank you for your replies.
To answer Nick's questions: Yes and yes. I have checked my computers date and time stamp clock and it is correct. It is automatically resynchronised every few days so I don't know where to go from here!
Any suggestions?

Gordon
Go to Top of Page

Gordon

United Kingdom
691 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  15:44:33  Show Profile
Have deleted cookies and tried on different browsers. All of which makes no difference. I am still exactly 10 days out ie last visit date shows as 14th Nov. but time is correct so is the problem with where the site gets its date from? And where is that?

Gordon
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  17:16:33  Show Profile
Gordon
It gets the date and time from the server, but that cannot be the problem as it is correct for me. Have you tried clearing your cache?
Nick

Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2501 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  17:20:42  Show Profile
Actually Nick, I set my watch earlier today by a clock which corrects itself by radio & watch at this instant agrees with my computer clock which says 1712. Your message is timed at 1716, so something is out of sync.

Cheers,

Dave

My posting time is 1720.... while the cclock said 1714

Edited by - Oz34 on 24/11/2010 17:21:39
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  18:37:37  Show Profile
Nick,
Date and Time in Active Topics are correct for me.
John R
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  19:38:37  Show Profile
I am sending this message at 2:31 on my laptop. There is obviously a small discrepancy with the server
Nick

Go to Top of Page

Gordon

United Kingdom
691 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  11:51:35  Show Profile
Nick
I have emptied my cache totally but the 10 day date difference remains whichever browser I use. The time of day is correct. It seems as though there must be a piece of code on my machine that is corrupting the information that the website is requesting? Scan for viruses (AVG) shows machine to be clear. Help!

Gordon
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  13:38:48  Show Profile
Hi Gordon, let me look into the code as it doesn't behave quite as I would expect. I made a reply to a topic this morning and it is still showing my last visit as yesterday.

In the meantime, what setting do you have for cookies. This device works by checking the cookie status the site left on your computer at your last visit. Try deleting all your cookies and see if that makes any difference.
Nick

Go to Top of Page

Gordon

United Kingdom
691 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  18:40:56  Show Profile
Hi Nick,
Have deleted all cookies and I'm afraid it made no difference.

Gordon
Go to Top of Page

rodb

New Zealand
260 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  20:18:29  Show Profile
Nick

If I log in it is correct as last used, but if I do not log in it is up to 10 days old.

Regards Rod.
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  20:29:11  Show Profile
Thank you Rod.

Gordon, log out then log back in and go to active topics. How now?

Nick

Go to Top of Page

Gordon

United Kingdom
691 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2010 :  16:52:33  Show Profile
Nick,
Firstly I could not see any log out button! So I tried removing the tick in the save password box and closing down the browser and then reopening.
Result was that I was still automatically logged in and date was still 10 days out.
So rather than just empty cache and delete cookies & other site data I also cleared browsing history, download history, saved passwords and source data completely and again unticked save password.
After closing and reopening browser and opened the MMM site I was no longer logged in. So I logged in and went to Active Topics and the date last visited was 3 days out. Closed browser and reopened, was automatically logged in and Active Topics now showed correct date! I also note that now I have a logout button back!! Don't understand what is going on but will monitor and see whether it stays fixed and report back.
Many thanks to all of you who have contributed to this thread.

Gordon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000