Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG K3 Magnette : Reg Nş JB 1475 - Help required..
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Cowley

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  23:03:07  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by JMH

David,
To answer your questions as best I can:

a) No not a complete view of the rear, but enough to see the slab tank. no pictures of the car crashed prior to Shelsley.
b) at Shelsley it was entered by Eyston & Lurani, to find the entry number you'd have to look at the entry lists.
c) Mannin Begg was Eyston & he retired.
d) It's not possible to scan & upload or otherwise duplicate pages from the "Dossier" due to copyright of the authors & publishers.

JH

Many thanks JH - much appreciated.

Wouldn't it be exciting if the C-Type tail was on the car when it crashed en route to Shelsley Walsh?

When you state in (b) that 'K3003' was entered at Shelsley Walsh by Eyston & Lurani - does that mean they were to be the drivers in a single car shared entry?

Do you know what Entry No Eyston used at Mannin Beg (c)?

No problems about that last point - totally understand in all honesty! There's a copy of the 'Dossier' on ebay at the moment for £275 Buy It Now or Best Offer - but despite the fact that I am interested a great deal in all of the K3s (possibly even more so since winning this photo), I still cannot really justify that sort of expenditure.

On a similar note - does the Profile Publications K3 book give any useful information regarding 'K3003@ that I might find useful?

David
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  00:41:36  Show Profile
David,

Please can you let me have your e-mail address as I have something I want to send to you.

There is no useful information in the K3 Profile Publication on K3003

Peter.

P.S. If you do not know, you can send me an e-mail via this forum by clicking on my name in the 'Author' column and then click on the 'Send an e-mail' link.
Go to Top of Page

Cowley

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  01:23:14  Show Profile
Many thanks Peter - you have an email! ;-)

David
Go to Top of Page

Cowley

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2011 :  17:39:29  Show Profile
I have recently discovered that Elsie also used K3003 later in the year at a Shelsley Walsh hillclimb. Does anybody have any details of that entry, ie result, entry number, type of bodywork fitted, or even better still a photo of the car on the day?

Many thanks.

David
Go to Top of Page

Gerhard Maier

Germany
868 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2011 :  17:36:24  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by JMH

A most interesting photo..... K3003 with what looks to be a C type tail!
JH

Just a thought concerning the "C type tail" on the photo of K3003.
I dare say, that it could be such a Streamlined Detachable Tail,
which was offered in the options list, in the K3 sales leaflet ?
Gerhard
Go to Top of Page

Cowley

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2011 :  09:07:17  Show Profile
Many thanks for that Gerhard. Someone has already stated that the C-type tail (or Streamlined Detachable Tail to give it's proper name) was available as an optional extra on the K3, but thank you for posting an extract from the sales leaflet - and for a whopping £35 in 'old' money!

David
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000