Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Difficulty in uploading pictures
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gordon

United Kingdom
691 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2011 :  16:08:48  Show Profile
Is anyone else experiencing difficulties in uploading pictures using Nick's new system? Currently I find that I cannot get my pictures uploaded because the page addressed when I click the "Attach the selected file" button appears unavailable.

Gordon

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2011 :  17:24:00  Show Profile
Gordon,

Have you first clicked the 'BROWSE' button and selected the picture you want to upload before clicking the 'Attach the selected file' button?

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3352 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2011 :  18:43:21  Show Profile
Hi Gordon
This is a test post of an image

You have to "Browse" then select an image. Then click "Attach Image". The link to your image will appear in your post. You can click on "Preview" to see how your post will look or simply "Post" it.
You cannot attach images in "Quick Reply".

That is Ellie trying to attract attention.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Gordon

United Kingdom
691 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2011 :  19:27:42  Show Profile
Thanks for the advice, Nick & Peter.
I had indeed used the browse button to select the appropiate file and this was selected satisfactorily. It is when I used the "ATTACH" button that failre to connect was reported. I had the same result with 2 different browsers - IE and Google Chrome.

If I selected a photo from the "reuse" buttom there was no problem.

Sudden inspiration - I use Sygate Personal Firewall in "Normal". I turned this to "allow all" and picture is there. When the new system went active I had no problems with Sygate in the "normal" mode. Has anything changed at your end, Nick, that could have caused this behavior? I have not upgraded Sygate in the intervening period. Your advice would be much appreciated.

Gordon
Go to Top of Page

Gordon

United Kingdom
691 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  07:42:00  Show Profile
This morning I tried again after resetting my firewall to "normal" and had no trouble uploading and posting photos! Don't understand what is going on!! Anyone any ideas?

Gordon
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3352 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  13:35:21  Show Profile
Hi Gordon
Hopefully just one of those glitches. It might be worth contacting the makers of the firewall if it happens again.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000