Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Front Housing stamped 213.......
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

farley1

Canada
152 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2015 :  18:02:54  Show Profile
Fumbling around the other day and not really doing much PB work. I noticed that 213 was stamped on the top bearing plate of the generator. On the same side as the electrical terminals.
I remembered 213 was also stamped on the front housing. So, put the archeologist gloves on and checked. Ha! They matched.
From the factory records B45388 JC was the Dynamo serial number. Ha! That matched.
Checking with the scale, height and font were the same.
Have others encountered this? OR maybe I should stop fumbling around and finish the PB. Right Bob!
Ian, who also lives in Canada.

Jamie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2015 :  18:43:14  Show Profile
Ian
I happen to have an NA engine (unfortunately without the rest of the car) with the number 619 stamped into all the major components, front and rear housings, Dynamo, etc. and I've always assumed they were from a previous rebuild. My J2 and PB don't have these stampings, just the various cast-in part numbers. So, I'm not solving anything but the stamped numbers are very ornate, not like the dumb iron or engine stampings.

Jamie
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1711 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2015 :  20:58:46  Show Profile
I think you'll find engine part were stamped, certainly front housing and block. The J records list original equipment and give the number of the original dynamo and starter but I didn't know other parts were stamped though the logic is that they should be as the front and rear housings are line bored and so unique to their engine...

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000