Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 THE TRIPLE-M REGISTER DATABASE - VERY IMPORTANT !
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
987 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2016 :  09:20:09  Show Profile
Thanks Keith - it's a comfort to know that it's not just me. Microsoft helpfully restarted my computer overnight, clearing the form in the process, so now I have no choice but to fill in the second form . For anyone else considering updating their details, go straight to the foot of the first form and click "submit" without filling anything in. This will take you to the second form, which Keith says works. I'm about to try that.

Edit: Yes, that works, but the second form omits details of former owners. As a further thought, is it possible to edit the details submitted, rather than completing the entire form each time. I've just realised that I've missed out a piece of information from the form, but don't want to go through the entire form yet again.

I hope this is seen as constructive criticism; I'm impressed with the work done by Nick, and very grateful for his efforts.

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591

Edited by - Colin McLachlan on 05/05/2016 09:32:31
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3338 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2016 :  12:16:43  Show Profile
I am looking into this. There is obviously an error in the program flow. Koen and I will look into the possibility of editing the details rather than filling in the entire form.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3338 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2016 :  14:19:08  Show Profile
I have temporarily disabled the "Register your Car" feature whilst I sort out this issue
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Richard Verrill

United Kingdom
345 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2016 :  23:02:05  Show Profile
Dick
I sent you an email off line.

Richard
PA1733 YA5206
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2016 :  06:41:39  Show Profile
Richard, No e-mail received! Try richard dot morbey at gmail dot com

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3338 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2016 :  23:07:09  Show Profile
The updated "Register your Car" is now accessible from the menu on the home page (under "Register Database"). As before you will need your username and password from this forum to access the system.
I have removed the catchpa (those random red numbers) as there is no longer any need for them.
Your name, the date and your email address will already be completed and cannot be edited on the form. This information is held on the forum database so if it is incorrect you will need to update your profile before completing the form.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2016 :  07:56:57  Show Profile
Many months ago I sent in, as requested at that time, images of the knuckle, engine and gearbox number, as well as a screed of the car's history. They have not (yet?) appeared against the car' record.

Do I need to fill in the form and repeat the exercise, or stop worrying and will they appear in good time?

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2016 :  09:43:43  Show Profile
Hello Ian, and thank you for raising this point.

We have structured the database in such a way that general pictures of cars are held in one area whereas identification pictures of knuckles, bonnet hinges, brass guarantee plates and engine & gear box stampings etc. are held in another area.

The committee took the view that public access now available under stage one of the project should only include a general pictures and not some of the more 'intimate' information about the cars.This is for reasons of confidentiality and security which you can perhaps understand.

When we get to stage 2 of the project in a little while, owners who have applied for access will be able to see the discreet records of their own car which will include all pictures and many more details.

Ian, I reassure you that we do have all the pics that you kindly submitted!

This may be a timely point to remind all forum users to check their forum profile to ensure that their e-mail address is correctly shown. We will be using e-mail to contact owners to invite them to apply for access to view their car's detailed record on the database, and we'd hate you to miss out!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 07/05/2016 09:46:20
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2016 :  16:20:28  Show Profile
Folks, I went on holiday the day we went live with stage one,and came home to a mound of emails, so if you are waiting for a response, it will come - but I am off again this weekend so it probably won't be until late next week!

Triple M Registrar

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

RYates

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  20:52:50  Show Profile
Yesterday I went online and updated the data base on each of my N Types - 0826 and 0855. This was very straight forward and easy. As of 2:42pm Texas time today though, none of that information shows in the car details. I have the relevant pictures ready to download, but don't see any link to accomplish this. Are we supposed to email these pics to someone in the Register to upload into the database? Or is there a feature I'm missing whereby I can do it myself? Please advise on both these issues. Thanks for all the difficult and I'm sure frustrating work you folks have put in so far.

Reed Yates
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  21:55:47  Show Profile
Reed, thanks, we have received and seen your online submission and it is in the hands of George Eagle who looks after the N-types (amongst other some models) who will be updating your cars' records manually.

The database is not quite yet open to receive owners' submissions of pics, documents and other data so for the time being I suggest that you please forward such items to George.

BTW, please everyone, don't rush to send ALL your stuff to George - the individual models are handled by a small team of us - you can see who they are by looking at the contacts page at the top of this website.

Being a volunteer-run Register means that we have to keep all these spinning plates in the air at the same time as living our lives, so please bear with us!

Reed, we hope to run a database trial involving 100 or so owners shortly, so just say if you would like to be included!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 10/07/2017 21:57:46
Go to Top of Page

Jamie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  22:35:13  Show Profile
Well I just don't get it....our cars don't appear in the newly created database even though they appear in the printed MMM publication. Clearly this must be because I don't have MMM Register numbers even though in the past I've submitted pictures of rt front dumb iron numbers etc...strikes me as a strong bias by the Register even though the exercise seems to have been to record all known surviving cars.
I guess our four Triple-M cars will have to continue in limbo which is ironic since our J2 won two major awards in our recent Van Dusen ABFM. Better not tell the judges it was a ghost car...now my wife will really wonder where the money goes!

Jamie
Go to Top of Page

RYates

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  22:42:22  Show Profile
Dick, many thanks for the prompt reply. I surely would love to be in the trial group. I guess I'm just conditioned for everything to happen at the speed of light in internet land. Will send the pics to George and be thankful for those who do the heavy lifting for the rest of us!

Regards,
Reed
Go to Top of Page

RYates

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2017 :  03:10:07  Show Profile
The internet gremlins are at it again. I just sent George Eagle an email from this very website using the email address of record here mailto:geaglemgl2@dsl.pipex.com It immediately bounced back to me as "undeliverable". Can someone help with George's email address please?

Reed
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2017 :  05:18:55  Show Profile
Hi Reed

George's e-mail address is geaglemgl2@dsl.pipex.com (the digit before the number 2 is a lowercase L). If you cannot get the message through, send it to me and I'll forward it.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000