Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 THE TRIPLE-M REGISTER DATABASE - VERY IMPORTANT !
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2017 :  05:28:49  Show Profile
Hi Jamie,
I've looked through the database record for your four cars. All of them are included but for some reason or other we only have limited information about them. The only picture is of PB0480, none of the others and we don't have any identification pictures – knuckles, engine numbers and the like recorded.

I will email you off-line to try to resolve the situation for you.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 11/07/2017 05:29:24
Go to Top of Page

Jamie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2017 :  06:19:11  Show Profile
Dick
Your off Forum email received and replied...

Jamie
Go to Top of Page

tony r

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2017 :  22:28:25  Show Profile
Hi
I have just tried the database and was thrilled to find pictures of my M Type Chassis 3356 in it's racing format in the 70s that I was unaware of. Thank you. The Database was very easy to use. Well done. I just need to find out how to upload some interesting photos of both the MG M Type and my newly acquired MG PA Chassis 1919.
Tony

tony r
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  16:40:38  Show Profile
Hi Tony,

Kind words indeed, although the bit of the database you have been able to access is just part of the system - being the part that's publicly viewable.

As discussed we will give you access details so that you can join the trial of the database and though that see fuller details of your cars, upload pics, docs and other info about you car.

If anyone else would like to apply to join the trial please let me know.

It's likely that the system will go live before Christmas - watch this space for further details.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  21:48:25  Show Profile
Thus.far.the.system.looks.good.

CJD
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  17:41:47  Show Profile
Register Database Update

Although the committee has been rather busy on other matters lately, we think the time is now right to start the process of rolling out individuals' access to the database records for their car.

A trial involving up to 200 owners has been ongoing since September and this has given us sufficient confidence to move forward on a larger scale . We will probably start with MGCC members and then move on to the wider Triple-M owner community.

In case people are unaware, the database contains rather more info than you and the public can currently see via the Register's public website pages. Therefore you may be particularly interested to be able to access your info and add to or amend it!

There is still a little work to be done but in the meantime you can all help us as follows: 1. Please would you visit your website forum profile, which you can do by clicking on the line near the top of the screen which says "You are logged on as (yourname)" and checking that the e-mail address that we have recorded for you is still correct. If for any reason it is no longer correct, please would you change it? 2. There should be a field for you to record your MGCC number which will currently be blank, so could you please fill it in? Thanks!

Incidentally, anyone who does not use e-mail won't be able to access the database by electronic means, but they can always contact the Register to enquire about/share info about their car.

Koen, our database wizard, is researching a bulk distribution method so that we can send each recorded owner a personalised introduction and summary of how the database works. We hope to do this quite soon.

The other piece of work that is ongoing is ensuring that our data keeping complies with the current and prospective General Data Protection Regulations. In particular it means that we will have to find a way of obtaining express consent from any member whose personal details we hold on file. In the future we will be legally unable to presume that you gave consent - instead, it has to be specifically given. Just how this will work in practice we don't yet know.

We hope it will not delay the database launch, but we will keep you posted anyway.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5986 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  17:52:11  Show Profile
Dick,

In my profile, I can see no provision for adding my MGCC number. Also, there seems to be provision for two email addresses - one under 'Contact Info' and one under 'Contact me at'. Is that intentional?

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  19:25:47  Show Profile
Thanks Simon,

I only asked Nick to add the MGCC member number field very recently, and am sure he will get to it. Perhaps I should have delayed my posting until after that

I think the two e-mail fields may be related to the option we now offer for members to display their e-mail addresses or leave them hidden? One for our illustrious webmaster...

Dick Morbey
PA-PB0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2017 :  12:09:13  Show Profile
I will add the field soon and let you all know when it is there.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2017 :  13:31:33  Show Profile
OK, you can now add your MGCC membership to your profile. Until you have edited your profile you will not see a "MGCC number" field.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2017 :  16:49:25  Show Profile
Many thanks, Nick.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2017 :  21:40:47  Show Profile
11 members have added their MGCC number so far. Thank you.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

AndrysPosthuma

Netherlands
166 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2017 :  18:23:28  Show Profile
Hi Nick, others,

With MGCC membership I presume you mean the UK MGCC - not the overseas departments of the MGCC?

Cheers, Andrys

------------------------------
See my weblog on https://mgna0669.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2017 :  19:11:01  Show Profile
Dear Andrys,

Thank for the posting. If you are a member of an overseas MGCC affiliate do please add the details to your profile!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2494 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2017 :  16:50:30  Show Profile
Dick and Nick,

As requested I changed the password originally supplied, and then senility crept in..... Too many passwords, and if you use the same one for everything.....

Confused Dave
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000