Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Help Loading photos
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ian lawrence

New Zealand
105 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2016 :  22:45:24  Show Profile
Help Please? Can I email someone the photos of my 3 Inch Smiths Clock " For Sale" so that they can load them. Or provide me with an explanation how to do it as I cannot get them to load using the Paper clip to load photos Very frustrating from afar.
Thanks
Ian L

Ian L

Brian Kelly

USA
526 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2016 :  00:33:24  Show Profile

Ian.

Presumably there is a problem with the attachment system.

I have just tried to do a test run and the "paper clip'
doesn't open for me.

Nick??

Brian.
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3209 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2016 :  04:13:28  Show Profile

Seems to work OK for me.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

Brakesoff

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2016 :  10:43:37  Show Profile
Ian,
Seems to work for me as well. There is a limit on the picture size, no more than 5MB and only .jpg files. Also the one that really got me going was that to get the download screen you have to click exactly on the paperclip not anyway along that line. If adding pictures to a thread then do it from the 'Reply to this topic' rather than the 'Quick reply' box at the bottom.

I'm sure you've already covered all these points so it might be helpful to know how far along the process you get.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Ian lawrence

New Zealand
105 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2016 :  10:31:15  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Brakesoff

Ian,
Seems to work for me as well. There is a limit on the picture size, no more than 5MB and only .jpg files. Also the one that really got me going was that to get the download screen you have to click exactly on the paperclip not anyway along that line. If adding pictures to a thread then do it from the 'Reply to this topic' rather than the 'Quick reply' box at the bottom.

I'm sure you've already covered all these points so it might be helpful to know how far along the process you get.

Nick

Ian L
Go to Top of Page

Ian lawrence

New Zealand
105 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2016 :  10:40:29  Show Profile
Nick Hi
I have just Tried to load Smiths Clock Shots to NO avail. I have tried to use the Yellow envelope in tool bar also the paper clip several times.
When clicking on the paper clip, a window pops up to say " Add attachment to Topic " It then says " choose a file " am I to save my photos to a file rather than try and up load from my photo gallery ?
That I am not a computer geek does not help /

Any Help available

Cheers Ian

Ian L
Go to Top of Page

Brakesoff

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2016 :  10:45:26  Show Profile
Hi Ian,

Did you get my email? If so, send your pics to me and I'll post them.

Nick.
Go to Top of Page

powerplus

United Kingdom
599 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2016 :  12:08:46  Show Profile

It would be helpful to those of us who are not technically oriented if procedures were made available which would enable photographs to be downloaded from recognised digital storage systems. Please.

Powerplus.
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3340 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2016 :  12:32:19  Show Profile
Alan
Have a look at the FAQs under "How do I add an image to a post?"
The image you wish to add must be located on your computer.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3340 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2016 :  12:42:36  Show Profile
Ian
Where is your photo gallery located? Any image you wish to add MUST be on the hard drive of the computer you are using. You cannot do this from an iPad because the stupid thing will not allow you to access the filename. I do not know if a Mac is the same. Would somebody who uses a Mac please let me know
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

BobH

United Kingdom
243 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2016 :  13:25:58  Show Profile
If your photos on a Mac are held in the Photos app, then they are stored in the user Library and are not accessible as individual files. Its easy enough, however, to export them to the desktop from within Photos as .jpg, and upload them to the forum from there.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6000 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2016 :  13:47:50  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Feakes

Ian
Where is your photo gallery located? Any image you wish to add MUST be on the hard drive of the computer you are using. You cannot do this from an iPad because the stupid thing will not allow you to access the filename. I do not know if a Mac is the same. Would somebody who uses a Mac please let me know
Nick

Webmaster

There's no problem adding a photo using an iPad (or an iPhone). When you tap on the paper clip icon to attach a photo you get the option of choosing a photo from the photo library on the iPad (or iPhone) or from any online storage you use such as Dropbox, iCloud, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. The only problem is that you can't add more than one photo at a time. If you add one photo and then select a different photo to add as well, the first photo gets replaced by the second one. This applies even if you're trying to add a second photo to a second post on another thread. This seems to be a caching problem with the iOS device as if you try again later on it will work ok.

Simon J
J3437

Edited by - Simon Johnston on 22/08/2016 13:49:22
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000