Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 SUBSCRIBE or MISS OUT
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2017 :  11:11:07  Show Profile

In the next few weeks 440+ individuals will receive the first edition of the 2017 Triple-M Register Bulletin.

Unfortunately at he time of writing approximately 140 of those individuals have not renewed their subscription. There will be a reminder in that copy of the Bulletin but why wait till then? Paul White is anxious to hear from you and be confident that the quantity ordered from the printer and paid for is still required by the 140 who subscribed last year but have not renewed.

At least, if for what ever reason you do not wish to renew your subscription please let Paul know asap so that future print runs can be adjusted accordingly.

No renewal of your subscription = NO BULLETIN

Bob Milton - Treasurer

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2017 :  22:04:53  Show Profile
The latest edition of the Register Bulletin was published recently and very good it is too! If you don't already subscribed to it I commend it very highly to you.

But I would ask you to spare a thought for Paul White, our hardworking Bulletin subscription coordinator. Can you believe it, Paul has had to make no less than 160 phone calls to chase up recalcitrant subscribers who 'had not got around to renewing' their subscriptions when requested. Even as of today 45 subscribers have yet to renew.

Come on chaps, let's play fair here - please try to deal with these things in a timely way, otherwise you'll be driving Paul to distraction! And, just as important, if people don't renew in time we may have to reduce the print run, which may mean disappointing those who leave it too late!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

PeterN

United Kingdom
240 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2017 :  21:08:03  Show Profile
As I seem to do nothing but ask for the advice of others on the Forum, I'd be happy to do my bit in chasing up those who've forgotten to pay. Could we split the job up to relieve the workload for Paul or does data protection get in the way of this.

Peter
1930 M type MG 748
2M/1506
Go to Top of Page

rodb

New Zealand
260 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2017 :  21:38:08  Show Profile
Please do not forget the members who do not want the hard copy. The last PDF download available is October 2016 number 93?

RodB NZ
Go to Top of Page

rodb

New Zealand
260 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2017 :  13:04:04  Show Profile
Can someone answer please? is this the new situation? if you want the bulletin do we all have to subscribe and get it in the mail?

RodB NZ
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2017 :  13:48:25  Show Profile
Rod,

The December edition should be on the website, I do not know why it is not.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

rodb

New Zealand
260 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2017 :  22:08:25  Show Profile
Thanks for the reply Peter

It looks like we are being forced to take the printed copy subscription if one wants to read the Bulletin. After all it does say MISS OUT. If this is the case then should this policy have been officially advised to MG Car Club members?

I get most magazines in electronic form sent to me now and keep them on a memory stick which is easier and more practical that having to carry a bundle of paper. I spend some time on long flights and waiting at airports so one small tablet and a memory stick is the best way to travel.

John James excellent TTT2 and even the MG Car Club T register notes are sent immediately they are published by e-mail. The SVW review comes by post but it is free to members.

I know our vehicles are from the past but please review your Magazine availability policy. We live in the 21st century.

As I have been a continuous UK M.G. Car Club member since 1974 and get very little for my annual subscription as I live on the other side of the world, maybe the register could e-mail me digital copies of the Bulletin as part of my sub?

RodB NZ
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2017 :  22:21:14  Show Profile
Rod,

I can assure you that the Bulletin will continue to be available on our website in the future but I personally have no control on when it gets uploaded onto the website.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2017 :  23:54:24  Show Profile
I can understand Rod's frustration. This topic has been discussed before with several sensible suggestions for living in harmony. However, whether one agrees or not, the stated policy remains electronic publication when the next paper copy appears. So it's fair to ask where does control/responsibility lie for meeting the electronic date?

John R
Go to Top of Page

Digby

United Kingdom
126 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2017 :  22:22:09  Show Profile
What some people forget is that the Bulletin, and everything else that the Register does, is undertaken by a small band of volunteers who have lives beyond the world of Triple M, including work family and other commitments. As a consequence deadlines cannot always be achieved and sometimes things get overlooked! The Bulletin is funded by the subscribers, there is no contribution from the Car Club. A little less grumbling and a bit more appreciation of the volunteers' hard work would perhaps be in order.
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  06:40:20  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Digby

What some people forget is that the Bulletin, and everything else that the Register does, is undertaken by a small band of volunteers who have lives beyond the world of Triple M, including work family and other commitments. As a consequence deadlines cannot always be achieved and sometimes things get overlooked! The Bulletin is funded by the subscribers, there is no contribution from the Car Club. A little less grumbling and a bit more appreciation of the volunteers' hard work would perhaps be in order.

Hi Digby, rest assured the efforts of the few volunteers is greatly appreciated by many
For those of us that work 8-10 hours a day in front of a computer screen the paper format is a pleasant restful change for tired eyes!
I have 3 longish flights for work this week and I look forward to catching up on things like Safety Fast etc, not something I could easily do if it was all electronic!!
My message to the few volunteers; Thankyou and please keep up the good work!
Colin

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2017 :  11:51:32  Show Profile
My copy of the April/May edition landed on the doormat today. If you have received yours you'll probably agree with me that Editor Digby Gibbs and his contributors have done a fantastic job putting together this bumper issue, full of articles and pictures of our cars in all manner of events and guises! More please!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000