Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Website problems and suggestions
 Contacting fellow MMM member
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ashley

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2017 :  22:15:27  Show Profile
Have spoken to my friend, he's happy to take on the site and it will run correctly. All happy ?? Or put up wit whats going on?
I will pay

Ashley Hay,

Best wishes Dave, get your wallet out
Go to Top of Page

ashley

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2017 :  22:21:42  Show Profile
Just tried to email, didn't work?
Go to Top of Page

gerard van der veen

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2017 :  22:53:51  Show Profile
Hi All,
Sorry, being new and posted it on the wrong forum and am/was certainly not aware of the IT difficulties; strangely enough I did receive an email about the move of my post, but weird enough, about the 'content <> MMM part request/information' no correspondence (email) at all. Maybe of help, that their the focus should lie.... before you re-start with (expensive) hosts etc... and new site's... Good Luck Ashley & please assist her; we all benefit from it; IT is a tool to stay and should be useful like a screwdriver, nothing more, nothing less.
Anyway, to close off; I will approach Claudia... and ask again my question, thank you Oz34.
Knd reg. Gerard.

gerard van der veen
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  00:09:22  Show Profile
As you can see, parts of the system work and other parts do not. The problem is far from simple and is a result of the different email clients using different methods to try and reduce the amount of spam. Unfortunately we are a very small fish in a very large ocean and the big software houses are just not interested in trying to solve the issue. For example, all emails from the website go into my junk folder and nothing I do can change that (try googling stop my mail going into outlook junk folder to see how many other people are having the same problem). Other clients bounce emails identified as spam and they come back to me. I am working on it as are the server folks, we have had the website white listed which helped for a while but something changed and that is no longer helping.
Of course, the email system will definitely not work if everyone's email address is not up to date!
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  00:20:40  Show Profile
Ashley,

What started this topic off was that Gerard was not able to get in touch with Greg Clark via the Forum e-mail system, the reason for this is that Greg did not notify Nick of his change of e-mail address or alter it himself so the e-mails were going to a discontinued e-mail address.

I do realise that some people are having trouble sending e-mails via the Forum system but I have sent messages to four different people over the last couple of days and they all received them so the system is working OK for me.

I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS THAT THE REGISTER COMMITTEE WILL BE SENDING A MESSAGE TO YOU ALL SOON THAT WILL BE OF INTEREST TO YOU, SO PLEASE CAN YOU CHECK THAT THE FORUM HAS YOUR CORRECT E_MAIL ADDRESS OR YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE THE MESSAGE. To do this you can check it in your 'Profile' at the top of the page. It is known that there are some Forum members (the number is not known) for which the system has incorrect e-mail addresses.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Max Headroom

United Kingdom
292 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  10:03:43  Show Profile

I too have had mail sent out through the forums go missing.
This was some time ago and I immediately flagged it up to Nick who was aware of an issue and looked into it straight away.
Nevertheless it is hugely frustrating for all involved; the sender; the recipient; and the obvious extra workload that Nick incurs on our behalf.

There appears to be no instant solution, but I will say I am involved with several other equally large community forums and I'm a moderator on two of them, which I've done for many years.
One forum I moderate is funded very cheaply (and voluntarily) by the moderators themselves, but it is noticeable that all of those other forums have never had similar problems to this.

I'm certain that the folk working behind the scenes of MMM forum that pull the strings and make it all work are doing their level best, their time and effort is, hugely appreciated. But I have to agree that this is a huge ongoing frustration to some, and we all want to see it fixed.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Inside every older person is a younger person – wondering what the hell happened.
Go to Top of Page

ashley

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  10:38:03  Show Profile
Have tried twice to send this, it is hit and miss, sorry and Nick, you do Stirling work.
Shame I jade a stupid and patent ice email fro Mr Green, grow up and don't send stupid emails!! Very dissapointed
Go to Top of Page

ashley

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  10:39:00  Show Profile
Sorry predictive text not working
Go to Top of Page

ashley

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  10:40:21  Show Profile
Mr Green, you know have my no, don't hide behind an email
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  12:55:00  Show Profile
Ashley, what exactly are you aiming to say? I am struggling to decipher your last three messages, one of which appears to be unfortunately phrased.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

ashley

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  13:57:25  Show Profile
Peter, lovely to speak and all put to bed.
Kind regards
Ashley
Go to Top of Page

ashley

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  13:59:36  Show Profile
Hi Dick,
It was predictive text and did not come across correctly
Again modern technology

Best wishes,

Ashley
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  14:35:48  Show Profile
I might, just might have found a solution. Please let me know if the system seems to be working any better.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

ashley

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  15:11:52  Show Profile
Nick, good good, no big issues and nice to get stuff done

Best wishes

Ashley
Go to Top of Page

thecollingburnboys

United Kingdom
574 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2017 :  15:41:07  Show Profile
In Greg's defense it's probably because he, like me and many others is a tiny manufacturing business doing everything himself and making the stuff is the most important, everything else is secondary.
I'm doing a job for Greg, we haven't spoken in months, we don't need to, it's just an understanding. Us makers are a frustrating bunch haha.
Tbh I haven't had a single issue with this site however when it comes to tech if i can't do I simply give up anyway.

Regards James Collingburn

Edited by - thecollingburnboys on 21/05/2017 15:41:39
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000