Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 Kool Oxford MG badge
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mgtommm

USA
497 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2017 :  17:35:19  Show Profile
Hi Folks,

I found this great piece in a box of my old stuff. Can anybody identify it? I imagine it predates our Triple-M cars and is from mid to late 20's, prior to Abingdon. Did all Oxford built MG's carry this badge someplace?

To me, it's just a very kool piece, but if anybody needs it I would sell it or trade for a K3. Must be a genuine.

tommm in rainy Ohio

PS, note the old fashioned Whitworth ruler, which somehow we still find usable.

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2017 :  19:02:55  Show Profile
Hi Tom, These badges were fixed to cars sold by The Morris Garages Ltd. and many early Morris's have these attached to their dashboards. There are I think no M.G. Supersports or 14/28's or 14/40's that have these badges. However having said that The Morris Garages Ltd only became registered as a limited company on 2nd July 1927, so adverts prior to that date don't include the 'Ltd' and again to disprove that adverts seemed to vary after that date some with the "Ltd' and some without. So who knows maybe just a sellers badge like the Stewart and Arden ones or the plastic stickers in the rear windows of modern cars.
They are not particularly rare and have fetched £75 - £150 in auction in the last 10 years or so, a perfect one would probably fetch a bit more and if two people wanted it who knows.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
497 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2017 :  17:55:23  Show Profile
Thanks for that, John. Looks like I'll need to lower my expectations to a K3 replica in trade.

tommm on the very sunny shores of Lake Erie
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2017 :  13:58:03  Show Profile
I thought 15 M.G.s was enough!!!

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly