Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Cadwell Park 22nd 23rd July
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1475 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2017 :  10:37:39  Show Profile
Rich,
110 Chris Smith NB
71 Hamish McNinch PA
89 Chris Cadman C
43 John Gillett (all the way from Oz) K3030
56 Fred Boothby J2 (C lookalike)
93 John Seber ex Ted Lund PB
106 Chris Edmondson D (C lookalike)
75 Roger Tushingham N
46 Chas Jones L
31 Harry Painter PA
51 Tom Hardman Bellevue N Single Seater

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1127 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2017 :  10:51:21  Show Profile
I ve been on to the site and quickly added some descriptions. I ll do some more when I can. Thanks

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2017 :  15:09:06  Show Profile
Further to the question why did some Austin cars go faster than our MGs posed by Ian.

I guess this comment is pointed towards the race winning Austin and apart from Mark's 30lbs Boost comment the further 3 points should be born in mind.

The Austin is lighter; smaller cross section and a lower C of G all very helpful when racing against our cars on this delightful twisty circuit.

Any comments by the racers?

Thanks to all for a superb Sunday event.

As a passing thought if only we could have witnessed RA 0255 being driven by Mark Piercy as he did at Goodwood a couple of years ago the result may have been different!

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1020 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2017 :  16:32:04  Show Profile
The 7'ns are fantastic little race cars but when you search for the resemblance with the road cars there is sometimes little left.
This is an example of a 7 race car http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C889149

Where the average M.G. race car is closer (at least in part) to a road going model.

The comparisons therefore should as hinted above be made between for example an R or Q type and these 7 specials.

It also might have something to do with the value of a triple M chassis.
Un modified it has a certain value, where if modified so the center of gravity etc can be similar to the 7 specials I doubt it has.

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2017 :  19:32:29  Show Profile
We're Back !!! Following our retirement on Sat, two minutes from the end of the MMM race, the engine is repaired and ready again.

Combustion chamber repaired and machined, valve seat inserts fitted, new set of valves installed and head set up, new piston fitted, bore polished and all shells renewed for good measure. Engine all running and we even had time to adjust the rear shocks....

So, next race meeting Mallory, look forward to seeing the MMM racing gang there. But firstly, dual entry for Emma and I awaits at Prescott next weekend, see you there too.....

Huge thanks owed to Chaz/Baynton Jones, CK Engineering and repair coordinator Oliver R. - A really great job by you guys to get the engine sorted out so quickly, thank you.

Pots
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1473 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2017 :  19:47:41  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Pots

We're Back !!! Following our retirement on Sat, two minutes from the end of the MMM race, the engine is repaired and ready again.

Combustion chamber repaired and machined, valve seat inserts fitted, new set of valves installed and head set up, new piston fitted, bore polished and all shells renewed for good measure. Engine all running and we even had time to adjust the rear shocks....

So, next race meeting Mallory, look forward to seeing the MMM racing gang there. But firstly, dual entry for Emma and I awaits at Prescott next weekend, see you there too.....

Huge thanks owed to Chaz/Baynton Jones, CK Engineering and repair coordinator Oliver R. - A really great job by you guys to get the engine sorted out so quickly, thank you.

Pots

That's great news Duncan. Well done to all involved.
Really pleased to see Emma competing as well at Prescott. See you next weekend

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2017 :  21:48:25  Show Profile
An amazing and inspirational outcome!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1127 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2017 :  09:08:55  Show Profile
Another great write up in this months automobile by Peter Mcfayden. A very nice Un prompted surprise!!

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000