Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Kimber Classic Trial
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2017 :  11:27:54  Show Profile
This major Club event supported by 28 MMM competitors took place two weeks ago and despite the obvious presence of many hot-shot photographers, how many pictures of our cars in action have I managed to unearth ? Sweet b****r all ! It is conceivable that all of the expensive photographic equipment on show got thoroughly soaked when young Mr Richardson drove through Alham Splash in 14 seconds - about half the time of most other people but it would have been nice to see a small selection of piccies at Alham and other locations (even if it was only The Camelot Inn). Or could it be that you are now supporting Face Book rather than your own MMM Forum ?

Colin B.

Edited by - Colin Butchers on 27/05/2017 11:29:05

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2017 :  11:49:06  Show Profile
Nothing on the mmm fb page either Colin and your correct nothing else seems to be about. Bloody good do none the less, only trouble this year was lack of mud!!
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2017 :  16:08:01  Show Profile
Alright alright, here you go then! Apologies for having forgotten to post pics both here and on facebook! My selection here is mainly from a human interest point of view, so not sure these are what you were hoping for, Colin!

Pics aside, it was again a superb do! We did a faultless 1100km round trip with five Triple-Ms by road to get to Somerset and back and were actually still buzzing with excitement a week later! Many thanks to the South West Centre, the Butleigh Gymkhana Team and all the marshalls. Oh, and to the British countryside for being so bloomin' pretty!

Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
910 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2017 :  16:53:26  Show Profile
And a few more - the car hiding behind the "splash" is Ollie entering the water rather rapidly!

JH

Go to Top of Page

nigel stroud

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2017 :  17:10:17  Show Profile
Ah so it wasn't just a dream then! Thanks for the pics!
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2017 :  04:55:41  Show Profile
more pictures

Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2017 :  05:03:30  Show Profile
some more pics

Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2017 :  07:38:18  Show Profile
Great pictures, Thankyou for sharing them :)

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1872 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2017 :  11:32:32  Show Profile
Cathelijne,

Excellent and enjoyable photos.

I believe if you orient your pictures in the computer before they are uploaded to the forum they should come out upright. It could avoid the necessity of many of your audience having to visit a physiotherapist.

I hope the following example of your first photo will demonstrate this point.

Nigel

Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2017 :  12:25:48  Show Profile
Trouble is they show on my screen right way up and when I turn them so as to show on their sides on my screen, they also show up on here on their sides ... No idea how to fix this ...
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1872 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2017 :  12:43:25  Show Profile
I believe you need to "save" the correctly oriented picture to disk, then upload the "saved" file.

This is how I changed the orientation of your first photo; copied the file from the forum, opened it in windows photo viewer, corrected the orientation and then saved the newly orientated file. It is this changed file that should come out OK when uploaded.
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2017 :  11:11:27  Show Profile
Hi Nigel,

I hear you, but with the pics showing in the upright position in my personal files/system, there is no way to correct them but to put them on their sides which will mean them showing up on here on their sides as well just like they are now when uploading. Have now downloaded them from here and then turned them, but this cannot be done the way you suggest. At least not on my system.

Anyway, some names to my pics in listed order:

Henri de Jong and F1071
Tim Beckh and PB0307
Charlie Cartwright and J4198
George & Jo Ward in PA0875
Mark Smith (driver) & ? with J2258
Colin & Chris Butchers in PA1185
Thijs de Groot & Anja Figee in J2539
Marshal John Reid and George & Jo again
Marshal John again and Colin & Chris again
Marshal John again
Thijs & Anja again
Hans van der Laan & Dico van Beek in 2M2697 with marshal Peter Mace
Marshal Peter again with Albert Koolma & Guido Janssen in J3636
Mike Linward & Ian MacKay in J3288 with and marshal ?
George & Jo Ward again
Roger Tushingham & ? with PB0288
Roger & ? again
Kim Jenkins & ? in CM1194 with marshal Nigel Gibbons
Mike Dalby & Adrian Moore in 2M1056 with marshals Charles ? & Andrew Morland
Jeremy & Marcus Hawke in J2396

Go to Top of Page

philcoombs

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2017 :  12:57:08  Show Profile
Great Weekend, but one small car needed a little help from a big friend to get up the hill!!

Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2017 :  14:43:43  Show Profile
another picture.... sort of related to the weekend ... the display items on the left were on my workshop wall where refreshments were taken......the package arrived in the post a couple of days later..... though I was expecting Tulip bulbs from Old Amsterdam!

Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2017 :  16:12:22  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by philcoombs

Great Weekend, but one small car needed a little help from a big friend to get up the hill!!

Following in the slip stream eh? Good job he is not muck spreading!

John Cooper M 628

Edited by - Cooperman on 29/05/2017 16:24:03
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2017 :  11:01:09  Show Profile
That is great Cat and Foz. A splendid array of MMM cars being used as was originally intended. Now all we need is for one of the 3000 people who were taking photographs at Alham Splash to come up with one of Oliver Richardson aquaplaning through the ford in 14 seconds and my life will be complete. (Note to self. I have told you 25000 times before - stop exaggerating.)

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000