Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Price requirement, please.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1544 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2017 :  23:27:40  Show Profile
Surely what is required under 'Parts for Sale' - "A price must be included. ONO is acceptable." - should be equally applicable for Traders advertising their parts?

Is there any good reason for Traders not doing this?

Bruce. (PB0564)

etlanpa

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2017 :  09:38:22  Show Profile
No there isn't - it's one of my pet hates!

There should NOT be one rule for us and another for traders

Go to Top of Page

lordrob

Belgium
224 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2017 :  10:37:29  Show Profile
Totally agreed !!! Couldn't be said more accurate.
Cheers,
Roby

lordrob
Go to Top of Page

lordrob

Belgium
224 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2017 :  14:05:04  Show Profile
Hi All,
Nick Feakes has responded to this issue but because I can't reply to his topic I will do it here !
Hi Nick,
Sorry but I can not agree with your explanation about price-indication, then there would no price lists from the various traders in general be necessary, I hope you'll understand my point of view.
Best regards,
Roby

lordrob
Go to Top of Page

Hamish McNinch

United Kingdom
108 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2017 :  16:38:24  Show Profile
Lordrob,

I understand your point of view.

And I complete disagree with it for the reasons I have explained in my posting in response to Bruce Sutherland's on a different thread. I think my explanation is consistent with Nick's.

Hamish
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3339 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2017 :  17:14:40  Show Profile
I have moved this thread to the General forum as it is not appropriate to hold this debate on the Trader's forum.
If I wish to buy a new part from one of the traders I contact the seller directly to find out availability and price. Most catalogues are out of date by the time they get printed anyway. A restorer may have complete components restored in fully working condition, as a box of bits or anything in between or what you want may have been sold the moment the topic appeared. Simply contact the seller to discover the price for what you need or what you want (not necessarily the same thing!).
What could be simpler?
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

gerard van der veen

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2017 :  13:38:01  Show Profile
Dear all,
I've followed this issue on both forums and fully endorse Bruce's point; be open and transparent and indicate your price 'upfront'; when posting, All postings (trader...seller etc.), know what they want, or know (or like) roughly its price what they offer. That prices are difficult to set and fluctuate.. that is life!
I am a trader, work with second hand (old) materials and make very labor intensive products. I know what creating, repairing & restoring is and its underlying difficulties, but 'integrity' should be key in any business (and should be on this forum, representing a fraternity), but trading has no (never had) rules. I detest, mildest expression, sellers of any kind and make up their prices depending on their mood, 'on the spot', but setting his/her price remains the responsibility of the seller and remain 100% free in it, equally a buyer 100% freedom to reject it.
But being a fraternity, not the 'open & wild' Internet, you could demand 'open & transparency', not the 'right' price, but 'a' price in advance. Finally everybody has to accept, it will always fluctuate.

Kind regards,
Gerard.

gerard van der veen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000