Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Snetterton - Inter Marque Race Invitation
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Pots

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2017 :  18:59:36  Show Profile
Looks like the VSCC have recognised the MMM contribution to Vintage motor racing... Good News ! I am happy to 'co-ordinate' and sort out the details. We can make a bit of fun of the event, get the MMM flags out etc... So we need a gang of 7, The Magnificent Seven !

INTERMARQUE CHALLENGE RACE ANNOUNCED FOR FORMULA VINTAGE AT SNETTERTON

The VSCC is delighted to announce the addition of a new Intermarque Challenge Race at Snetterton on Sunday 17 September.

This new race will be exclusively open to those competitors driving cars from the top four finishing marques in the 2016 VSCC Annual Aggregate Intermarque Trophy. Marques qualifying for the 2017 race are Frazer Nash, Riley, Austin and MG.

The format of the race will be as follows:-
•15 minute scratch race
•The average speed for the top three finishers for each marque is calculated. i.e 85mph
•For each finisher in your marque (max 7) you receive an extra 5mph added to your average speed. i.e. 35mph
•Marque with highest average speed wins. i.e. 120mph

Let me know if you want to join the gang and we can get a plan together...

Pots

Roger T

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2017 :  22:06:30  Show Profile
Hi Duncan,
I would be up for it.
We could win this - we need our three fastest guys,
plus as many solid finishers (5 points each) as we can muster!
Roger T

Roger T
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2017 :  07:33:43  Show Profile
Yes, I will give it a go - not as one of the three fastest , but as a finisher ( I hope ) But is it for sports cars - or stripped down specials ?
Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2017 :  09:48:04  Show Profile
Excellent news Chaps, welcome to the Magnificent Seven.... Roger, you are right we could win ! If our front of grid guys were The Painter Brothers, Tom and Chaz we would do pretty well. If Malcolm made it in the KN then we would really be in business ! (Think we might run out of spaces if all of the above are in, but let's see.....)

Fred, no detail on this which I suspect means sports and racing cars, but we can clarify this weekend.

Roger, Not a good season re. finishing for me, but, I would do my best to be a 'solid finisher' and get the 5 points.... (talk about kicking a man when he's down :-) !)

All good fun, see you at Prescott....

Pots
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2017 :  11:01:13  Show Profile
Hi Duncan

Very good news indeed and well deserved by you, Mark D, Fred and all the regular racers.

It is a far cry from when I joined the VSCC many years ago when Triple-M MGs were not as well accepted/recognised - I even managed to race my old PB special ARY614 (PB0462) at VSCC Silverstone a couple of times!

George
Secretary

Edited by - George Eagle on 02/08/2017 11:03:16
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2017 :  07:44:22  Show Profile
Further thoughts on this. As Roger says , we could win -- IF the race is for sports cars running stripped . If , however , single seaters are included , then the opposition will enter some wild stuff. Also will it be for pure cars , or will the Fraser-Nash fraternity enter GNs , pretending that they are the same ? If so , we would have GN cyclecars fitted with aero-engines pretending to be made by Fraser-Nash and the whole thing would be a farce. I will try and get clarity at VSCC Prescott this weekend , and if the answers are satisfactory we must put together a winning team !
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2017 :  09:37:00  Show Profile
Fred totally agree needs some clarity to make it a cracking race.

Certainly true cars of the marque no hybrids!

I wonder if it would be good to suggest a limit on the race cars, three and then four sports? Something like that.

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2017 :  18:52:34  Show Profile
Not long to go now, and really looking forward to Snetterton

How's the plan coming together Duncan ? :)

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2017 :  19:51:58  Show Profile
Newsflash !!!!!!

MG win the Intermarque Challenge Race at VSCC Snetterton today.

The MG team of Mike and Harry P, Roger T, Barry, Hamish, Andy K, Chris Ed and Mark R, have beaten the Fraser Nashes, Rileys and Austins to win.....

Really impressive result as they were up against some of the fastest Frazer Nash single seaters in the VSCC.

Sorry to Tom H that the Bellevue could not have led the charge, next year....

Great result, sort of feel the Nashers thought they had in the bag !!!

Pots
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1027 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2017 :  20:44:41  Show Profile
Great news well done guys!

Sorry to hear the hard work on the Bellevue did not pay off

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2017 :  21:49:49  Show Profile
Very well done to the team, you are really bringing the Triple-M cars to the notice of all in the classic racing scene.

To add to this success I note the VSCC Shelley Walsh awards show that Chris Cadman won class two in his C type and John Gillett won class won class 4 in his ex Bira K3030.

These successes ensure our cars now feature much more in the VSCC Bulletin and Newsletter.

George
Secretary

Edited by - George Eagle on 17/09/2017 21:55:12
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2017 :  05:56:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Pots

Newsflash !!!!!!

MG win the Intermarque Challenge Race at VSCC Snetterton today.

The MG team of Mike and Harry P, Roger T, Barry, Hamish, Andy K, Chris Ed and Mark R, have beaten the Fraser Nashes, Rileys and Austins to win.....

Really impressive result as they were up against some of the fastest Frazer Nash single seaters in the VSCC.

Sorry to Tom H that the Bellevue could not have led the charge, next year....

Great result, sort of feel the Nashers thought they had in the bag !!!

Pots

This really is the cherry on the icing on the cake

A great result and a really nice way to round off the 2017 race season

Well done to you all

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2017 :  07:29:46  Show Profile
Really great result guys. Very well done.
Look out for rule changes next year !

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2017 :  08:34:28  Show Profile
Never in Doubt!!! Awesome result

Brilliant

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2017 :  12:15:16  Show Profile
A brilliant Triple-M racing day not only winning the Intermarque Challenge Race but putting on a demonstration of what our cars and drivers can achieve in rather trying conditions the afternoon alternated between dry and rain showers which made it very tricky.

Two highlights for my son and I, seeing Foz and the Rat back in action albeit a heart stopping moment in one race when the Rat passed us sounding far from well before retiring. Thankfully all was put right for subsequent races. The second was the very spirited driving of Harry Painter in the PA drifting Murries in some style to keep ahead of a very rapid Christian Pedersen in his Austin 7 Special in the Intermarque Race

Well done everyone

Bob & Paul
Go to Top of Page

beautymate

United Kingdom
365 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2017 :  12:39:46  Show Profile
Again fantastic result guys! I was thinking of you all while I was changing nappies! Hope to be part of it next year!

Well done!!!!

Chris
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000