Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Register Database on-line
 Database trial - progress report
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2017 :  10:45:46  Show Profile
Thanks Bob, very pleased to have you on board. You'll receive an e-mail over the next week or so telling you how the trial will work.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

sven

Sweden
423 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2017 :  16:44:38  Show Profile
Yes Dick that is correct even though I am sending this from a different adress.
MGSven at Hotmail dot com correct

Regards
Sven
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2017 :  20:19:33  Show Profile
Update:

We are planning to start the database trial this week with a test group of about 100 owners. 16 people have already volunteered to take part in the trial and they cover a range of model types:

M,D, J2,J3,F,L,PA,PB to list a few. Are there any other types out there - Ns and Ks for example, or other exotica?

If you would like to take part in the trial would you please e-mail me direct at richard.morbey@gmail.com

To make up the 100 or so, we will also be offering other owners the chance to take part, so if you receive an e-mail inviting you into the trial please don't ignore it!

For those do who take part, access to your records (and to nobody else's!) will be by a secure passworded online link. You won't need any IT skills. If you can use this Forum you will find the database dead easy! Here are a couple of screen shots to give you a flavour of how the system will look:

And don't worry that you might inadvertently 'mangle' your car's records - you cannot, because all input by owners will be screened by the registrar for your model before being implemented and you will be informed whether or not your input has been actioned.

The experience gained from this trial will be invaluable for the Register and other owners, so here is an easy way to 'do your bit' for the Register! And now a few pictures ......

This what you will see when you arrive at the database portal

After you have logged in, this what you will see when you arrive at the screen for your car

This screen shows your recorded personal and address details

This next screen is important, because it will allows you do three things:
- Ask us to change information about you or your car
- Send us a picture
- Send us a document

This screen allows you to notify us that you own an additional car or cars

Dick Morbey
PA-PB0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  17:46:35  Show Profile
OK everyone, the database trial is now live!

An e-mail message has been sent to 107 owners with full details about how to access your secure passworded personal area of the database, through which you will be able to see the recorded details for you and your car! (Another 35 owners will be receiving their invitations very shortly.)

If you are one of the lucky triallists, please do log in - it's easy and safe to do so - and let us know what you think of it. Please also remember to use the 'Your input' facility to tell us about the car, send us pictures, documents and so on.

Let's hope it all works for you!

And huge thanks are due to Koen Struijk, our PA-owning wizard who has put all this together for us!

Any queries - or if you would like to join the trial, please contact me offline.

Thanks everyone - it's just something else we are doing to support owners!!

Dick Morbey

Edited by - DickMorbey on 02/09/2017 17:47:52
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1026 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  19:23:25  Show Profile
Just tried my first few changes an noticed a few things.
These might be intentional but I'll mention them anyway

Can only upload one pic at a time.
The text "Enter your input here..." when uploading a pic has to be manualy removed

I'll keep trying and mention all my doubts here.

Good job with the database so far!

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  20:29:29  Show Profile
Thanks Onno,

Yes, both points known about. The pic at a time routine is, I believe unavoidable. Eliminating the prompt text may be possible, but only if Koen knows a way of doing so.

Thanks for being a pioneer!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

geoffw

Australia
106 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  22:53:33  Show Profile
Just logged on to database for the first time.
Very impressed. Will add photos soon (once my car comes back from having some body work done)

Geoff
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  12:07:40  Show Profile
Dick, the link in the email I received does not go anywhere, so I can not get to the log in page.

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

Gary K

USA
270 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  12:11:51  Show Profile
Mike I had the same problem. I had to cut and paste to work. Using a Mac Book Pro.

Gary
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  12:27:03  Show Profile
Gary, how did you do that? What did you cut and paste?

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

Purclewan

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  15:43:16  Show Profile
Hi Dick,

Thanks for all the great work on the Database. If you are looking for any more trialists I'm in.

Kind regards
Mike Hambly.
Purclewan
MG PB 4 seater.

Purclewan Mike.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  17:18:19  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for your participation and reactions. All very helpful.

You know we said that this is a trial? Well, we are learning things too!

Yesterday's message to the trialists was sent into batches. The first batch seems to have gone through perfectly okay. Those included in the second batch received in effect a copy of the first batch message. The bulkmailing service system that we use appears to have inserted some code which has affected the functionality of the link sent to those of you in the second batch.

I have just returned home following a register committee meeting so will draw breath, collect my thoughts and then send a fresh message to those of you who were in the second batch. I hope this time it will work better than the first attempt!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Richard Verrill

United Kingdom
345 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  19:34:24  Show Profile
Hi Dick

Good to see this up and running under trial, well done to those responsible.

My link worked fine, I was able to request changes and add photographs easily, I await to see if accepted.

I tried "Forgot your password?", this was a little confusing as I found I had to click back on my entered email for the submit to highlight to continue. I am using iMac on OSX 10.11.6. A small point the additional question needs adjusting "City w(h)ere MGs were produced", also answer is Abingdon but Abingdon is a town not a city!

Richard
PA1733 YA5206
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  19:39:07  Show Profile
Thanks Richard,

Hopefully you have now received system-generated responses/confirmations for your change requests?

As regards the question: Gosh yes, a town not a City - it does lack a cathedral, although other places of worship are available. (The committee was in one of them today!)

If Koen sees this posting perhaps he could note the comment about clickback and also amend the city to town and change 'were' to 'where'?

Thanks all

Dick Morbey
PA-PB0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

RBob

New Zealand
15 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2017 :  02:09:23  Show Profile
Hi Dick

No email received as yet ?

Cheers