Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 PB REG. CJO 424
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Keith Wallace

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2017 :  11:23:48  Show Profile
Can we help Michael find the whereabouts of his PB?

Dear Keith

How delighted I was last Saturday to have the opportunity to see your splendid MB Model PB. You have obviously cherished it with many hours of TLC.

AS we discussed I had the pleasure in owning the same model of 1936 manufacture, Registration CJO 424, originating from Oxfordshire, purchased by me from a colleague in Brentford, where I was employed, at The Sperry Gyroscope Company, for the sum of £200. I recall doing various work on the car including removing and overhauling the engine, changing the colour from maroon to BRG and having a new hood made. All this and driving the vehicle I enjoyed very much.

Unfortunately, quite early in this period I was transferred to our Bracknell
plant to work upon the guidance system of the Blue Streak Missile programme.
After driving daily for two years from my home in Isleworth, I decided that I needed a vehicle better suited to daily commuting. Sadly, I decided that I should dispose of my MG after two years of ownership. Something that I have regretted in the intervening years. The best price I could obtain from
Performance Cars at The Dome Garage Brentford was £140.

However, not to be without, I do have in my garage a Model TF of 2006 manufacture! Not the same thing at all, except for the name. So far it has recorded 6700 miles, since delivery and was one of the last cars to be manufactured with the MG name. There is still time for it to appreciate in the right market!

I have spent many hours searching my photographs of the PB and I know that there is one of the car alone somewhere. I have attached the only one that shows the car but also the young lady of the day, now sadly deceased and not seen since 1963.

As we discussed on Saturday, it would be interesting to know the whereabouts, or any information your sources may uncover. Unfortunately I do not have a record of the chassis number.

With Kind Regards

Michael Harnden

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2017 :  12:51:23  Show Profile
CJO 424 is recorded as the original registration number for PB0683, which these days resides in Oxfordshire.

But the reg also appears to be associated with PB0685 which is being/has been rebuilt as a hill climb special. It lives in Warwickshire.

I think it's more likely to be the former but we will need to make further enquiries of the owners, because the name Michael Harnden does not appear in our records as a PO.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2017 :  15:11:31  Show Profile
Update:

CJO 424 is undoubtedly the reg of PB 0683

Keith, could you please e-mail me with the contact details for Mr Harnden? Thanks

Dick Morbey
PA-PB0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 15/08/2017 15:14:05
Go to Top of Page

Keith Wallace

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2021 :  10:27:33  Show Profile
I am very pleased to inform the forum that Michael Harnden did successfully managed to see and ride again in his previously owned MG PB .

On the 12th September, the present owner Jessica Kidd, very kindly drove the MG PB over for meeting with Michael, followed by a spot of lunch and ride through the Lightwater country side.

See …..fairy tales do happen in real life.

Go to Top of Page

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
698 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2021 :  11:09:18  Show Profile
What a brilliant result. Well done everyone who was involved.
Keith
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2021 :  19:07:58  Show Profile
The smile on the passengers face says it all!

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000