Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 C Hayward and Sons, Ashford Kent
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2017 :  17:31:12  Show Profile
A lady named Nina Locke has sent me an email and asks: -
"I was wondering if you could possibly assist me in trying to identify a plate I have.
I am no expert in this area but I am trying to track down information regarding the attahed image.
The plate states a reference number and I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction to search for the actual car this came off of.

I have been advised by a vintage car enthusiast that it may have come off of MG Midget T-Type

Any info would be gratefully received."

The picture is a dashboard suppliers plate. All I can find out about the company is that they were wound up following an extra ordinary general meeting here is a quote form the London Gazette

"At an Extraordinary General Meeting of the above- named Company, duly convened, and held at 4 Queen Street, Ashford Kent, on the 20th day of January 1967, the following Special Resolution was duly passed:
" That the Company be wound up voluntarily, and that Mr. Arthur James Albury, Chartered Accountant, of 4 Queen Street, Ashford, Kent, be and he is hereby appointed Liquidator for the purposes of such winding-up."
(377) G. F. Hayward, Chairman and Director.

Has anyone any knowledge they appear to have been sports car dealers and sold, "In addition to MGs, the same dealer could also supply Sir or Madam with a Jowett Jupiter, a Morgan, one of the recently-introduced Austin-Healeys (at the time the 100 BN1 was current), or the Austin A40 Sports model, powered - if you can call it that - by the Somerset's 1200cc engine, albeit with twin (rather than single) carburettors." a quote from the Maidstone and Mid Kent Motor Club's magazine "Kent Driver" of 1954.

John Cooper M 628

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2017 :  17:32:37  Show Profile
oops here's the picture, I hope!!

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

KevinA

New Zealand
668 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2017 :  20:08:25  Show Profile
Just a random thought. That "ref" could easily be interpreted as 10th September 1958. It's always been a common thing to do if you need a number
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000