Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 Who, where, when?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PeterL

United Kingdom
1709 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2017 :  23:04:37  Show Profile
Is there actually a supercharger under that cowling? Wouldn't it be visible?

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5983 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2017 :  08:41:29  Show Profile
Chris,

The chap who took the photo at the top of this thread was a keen motoring photographer and luckily his family are also keen motorists who are willing to share the photographs if they are of particular interest. There are a few other M.G. ones but I'm saving them for another occasion

The lower photo of Ferguson was reproduced in a magazine/programme the Ulster Centre produced some thirty years ago but I don't think anyone knew who it was or where it was taken until I started to do some research on Ferguson prompted by a thread on this board some years ago - see http://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7086&SearchTerms=Craigantlet,

Peter,

Indeed it is difficult to see any evidence of a supercharger in that photo although the photo at the start of the thread I've linked to does seem to show the top of the SU poking out. Perhaps it was an under bonnet installation on a standard J2 engine at Ballybannon and the proper 746 cc engine and front mounted blower two months later at Craigantlet?

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000