Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Mike Chappell's PA
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

malcolm jones

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2017 :  17:13:19  Show Profile
Back in 1970 (approx) a friend wanted a car with a bit more space in it than his PA to bring his stuff from Grantham down to Birmingham where he had a new job.
So we swapped my Herald for his PA one weekend. Ford side valve engine, quarter turn of play in the steering, no brakes, flat battery etc-I loved it! Set me off on an interest in proper cars and I've finally got my own PA.
But I don't know what happened to Mike or the car.
I don't remember its registration, but by any chance does the name Mike Chappell of Hermitage Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham ring any bells? He sold the car in the early 70's, but perhaps it still exists, and someone could trace it from his name on the log book.
I could tell a few stories. (Like the ex-works Aston Martin DB2 in the coachhouse!) but no doubt nostalgia's not what it used to be

Malcolm

Malcolm

M. G. Jones

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2017 :  17:24:44  Show Profile
Hello Malcolm,
I saw your message whilst sitting on a London bus and although I can access our database I'm afraid I cannot find the name of this gentleman at the moment. Leave it with me and I'll do a more in-depth search when I'm back home. Probably tomorrow.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

malcolm jones

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2017 :  11:08:48  Show Profile
Hello Dick,
thanks for your response- I think Mike's address in Grantham was the George Hotel where he worked before moving to Birmingham. He had a photo of the PA in the courtyard, but I suppose this has been lost as well.
Hope this might help
Malcolm

M. G. Jones
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2017 :  18:27:57  Show Profile
Malcolm, regrettably there seems to be no trace of Mike Chappell in our records, even when cross referenced to Edgbaston or Grantham. Sorry

Dick Morbey
PA-PB0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

malcolm jones

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2017 :  20:40:30  Show Profile
Hello Dick,
thanks for trying- Mike wasn't a die-hard MG man so it was too much to hope for that he is on the club records, but I hope that someone might find his name as a previous owner on their car's logbook. The lure of the exotic turned him away from matters MMM- to a Humber Super Snipe Estate!
Malcolm

M. G. Jones
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000