Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Dog bone filler cap
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coupe

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2017 :  20:46:07  Show Profile
Has anyone have a Dog bone filler cap they are willing to sell?
Any help would be gratefully appreciated
my email address; edwardrhodes2016@outlook.com

Oz34

United Kingdom
2495 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2017 :  23:20:58  Show Profile
Vintage MG Parts do them if you aren't worried if it's original;
http://www.vintagemgparts.com/dog_bone_filler_caps_-_early.html

Dave
Go to Top of Page

lyons-lewis

South Africa
277 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2017 :  08:27:45  Show Profile
Is this what you are after? It was very kindly supplied by a member for my M-Type petrol tank but is too small - 52.5mm diameter and I need +/- 58.5mm.

Go to Top of Page

lyons-lewis

South Africa
277 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2017 :  12:31:03  Show Profile
Sorry. Now been able to access the previous post's suggested website and I see they are completely different. Anybody got an idea where this one comes from?
Go to Top of Page

coupe

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2017 :  21:20:21  Show Profile
Thank you for your reply`s. I have been in contact with Vintage MG Parts and they don`t have any, so I am still looking - new or old I don`t really care.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2138 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2017 :  21:35:24  Show Profile
Edward and I have been in communication

This stepped dogbone two piece cap is a time consuming item to make and I will only make a further batch if there is sufficient demand to clear most of the stock.

If anyone in addition to Edward is interested in one then please can they email direct or make contact through the website www.vintagemgparts.com

Regards

Richard

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2495 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2017 :  23:03:06  Show Profile
Richard, with respect, your web catalogue does not say out of stock. Perhaps it needs to be updated?

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2138 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2017 :  00:08:37  Show Profile
Dave

Parts are in and out of stock all the time. Many parts are in stock, many are part machined to be completed to order, many are raw castings awaiting machining and, some parts are out of stock at the moment.

Life is not long enough to categorise every part and keep changing their status and if I did this then I would have no time to make any parts!! Sadly there are only 24 hours in a day, 6 hours for sleep, 9 hours for my professional day time job, 1 hour for an evening meal and the remainder for MMM parts production, emailing, accounts and despatch. This evening it has been a case of machining up a batch of P type sumps, as has been the case every evening this week !!!!

Richard

Vintage MG Parts

Edited by - Richard Hardy on 29/09/2017 00:12:15
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2495 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2017 :  12:01:19  Show Profile
Point made!

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Hamish McNinch

United Kingdom
108 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2017 :  21:37:38  Show Profile
I'm wiping away a little tear....
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2138 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2017 :  18:16:51  Show Profile
Think yourself lucky Hamish its just a little tear. I'm wiping blood sweat and tears away to help keep these cars on the road and I know that most enthusiasts actually appreciate it.

Do you make anything?

Richard

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

lordrob

Belgium
224 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2017 :  09:47:55  Show Profile
Point made !
Roby

lordrob
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
1949 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2017 :  10:05:51  Show Profile
Hello all.

I salute all those who work hard to supply us with the parts needed to restore and to keep our cars on the road and let's face it, where would we be without them ?

The Forum could well do without snide and unnecessary comments (if in fact that is what they were) which do nothing to maintain a brotherly and harmonious atmosphere for us all. We all have a common love of MMM cars that should bind us together shouldn't it? So come on chaps, let's not have any more of it !!

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

coupe

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  17:35:18  Show Profile
I have now found someone that is able to supply me with a filler cap, thank you to everyone that as contributed.
Edward
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000